Red Planet

Tim Smith

Thank you @Xoo 

I was talking to a friend who likes Tangerine Dream, and she had me curious to listen to more of their material. I had no intention to sound like them, but maybe similar to them. They tend to have long drawn out sequences that are more relaxing than lively. I tend to like more rhythm in my creations, but I like many of the elements TD have in much of their material.

I'll check out your album!

Sounds great. I'm with you that when I first started liking instrumental music, it could be spacy, but now I like a beat. I think I heard some aliens in there. Love when the bass comes in. When the lead guitar came in I had to turn down my volume it was a bit loud in the mix. Nice pitch shifting stuff. Good changes in intensity for the different parts, good variety and interesting elements. Its a journey.

19 hours ago, treesha said:

Sounds great. I'm with you that when I first started liking instrumental music, it could be spacy, but now I like a beat. I think I heard some aliens in there. Love when the bass comes in. When the lead guitar came in I had to turn down my volume it was a bit loud in the mix. Nice pitch shifting stuff. Good changes in intensity for the different parts, good variety and interesting elements. Its a journey.

Always appreciate your comments on my mixes @treesha. Noted the electric guitar is a little loud. Will see about pulling it down. I am presently working on a more hard hitting rocker, so this was a nice change for awhile. Not sure how I am aquiescing to this genre. I like playing with the tech and the synths. I just ddn't want to make something that sounds like bland synths droning on. IMO Tangerine Dream is a little too sedate for me :)

• Like 1