Glad To Be Your Friend

Glenn Stanton

Back in 2014-2015 timeframe i was a regular at the open mic held each Tuesday at the Backstage Hotel in Amsterdam. This was expected to be (mainly) original songs, and i was generally writing a new original each week to introduce there. So i set myself the task of creating a "pop" number... Our host (Max) spent the better part at the end of the night, whistling the tune 🙂 so i figured i should record it... this is it's latest incarnation leveraging Kevin and Natalie in a duet. 😉

let me know your thoughts.

instruments:

-- drums (6 tracks)
-- upright bass (1 track)
-- grand piano (1 track) (rhythm & solo)
-- acoustic guitar (1 track)
-- electric piano (1 track) (tremolo chord intros)
-- lead vocals (2 tracks)
-- backing vocals (2 tracks)

D Major, 112BPM

Edited by Glenn Stanton
adding song info
  • Like 2

thanks! i just did some mix adjustments - vocals up 1db overall w/ Natalie up 3db on duet, and Kevin up 2db on the backing vox. i also found that i didn't like the "clipping" setting Ozone was doing on the master, and also the 1176 compressor on the vox parallel compressor buss -- it seemed harsher than i expected. so i swapped out the 1176 with the PIE compressor (which i think did the most to clear it up since its a transparent compressor) and turned off the clipping on the MIX output and only a slight amount on the MASTERING template. there are a couple of transients on the drum vibe ping-pong i need to go back and tweak but i like this version better now... thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Glenn Stanton