Kilohearts ⚡❤⚡ Introducing Cirrus - a new Content Bank from Arovane

cclarry

Today we are elated to be able to announce Cirrus, an ethereal collection of ambient granular soundscape presets for Phase Plant from renowned artist and sound designer Arovane. 

Building on Phase Plant's granular synthesis engine, and using purpose-recorded samples Arovane contributed to our factory sample collection, this content bank is the ultimate guide to atmospheric, floating, moody, and transformative audio.

Cirrus includes 50 presets for Phase Plant and is available with a 50% discount until September 28th. 

$14.50 intro price

https://kilohearts.com/products/cirrus

The graphic design for the cover art and logo of this soundbank is hideous. When I saw it in my newsletter and thought it was made by Kilohearts themselves I was shocked. It was a relief to find out that it wasn't made by them, but that they're just promoting it because it's a soundbank for their synth.

Still, if I was them, I wouldn't want to be associated with anything that's designed so poorly.

7 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

That makes it even more tragic. When bad products have bad design, who cares? But when good products sell less because the design was off-putting: pure tragedy.

Ujam isn’t funny, kiloheartz cover art is tragic, I’m so happy you didn’t see what I wore last night to band practice or I’d be added to the list hahah

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

Ujam isn’t funny, kiloheartz cover art is tragic, I’m so happy you didn’t see what I wore last night to band practice or I’d be added to the list hahah

Yes, I know, I focus on the wrong things. I studied design, that's probably why.

But it's a reality that design does matter, that people judge books by their covers before they've read them, and that sometimes even in the audio world people sometimes don't buy software simply because it doesn't look appealing, no matter how good it sounds. I might have bought MSoundFactoryLE when it was on sale, for example, if I had liked the user interface. But I didn't, so that really held me back. I bet I'm not the only one.

I love the Ujam videos and always look forward to the next one. Because they're funny. Usually. The one for Beatmaker Vice or Beatmaker Cozy or Virtual Pianist Score, for example. But as chris.r pointed out in the other thread, the walkthrough videos are the funny ones, so maybe there will be a funny video for Usynth Pixel too.

Edited by audioschmaudio