Toybox release Thump One FREE

satya

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/thump-one

Toybox has announced the release of a synthesizer plugin that has been designed with Toybox’s modular, ‘west-coast’ approach to circuit layout. Thump One comes with gritty oscillators, subtle cross-modulations and high-quality modeling giving the plugin its unique sound.

The synthesiser features two powerful engines that can be layered together for a variety of complex sounds and textures. The ‘Kick’ engine features a great sounding ‘wavetable’ oscillator, with a set of wavetables created from a selection of clean and processed analog kick drum sounds. The ‘Kick’ engine has a high quality saturation and filtering circuit plus an additional ‘Buzz’ circuit to add a buzzy ‘broken speaker cone’ effect.

The second engine, ‘Layer’ uses an accurate model of the ‘supersaw’ oscillator found in the Roland JP8000 synthesiser, this oscillator has a selection of operating ‘modes’ that configure the oscillator to play in intervals and adds various amounts of modulation to create noisy, retro synth sounds, fuzzy glitches or just plain noise.

The synth comes with a selection of 150 presets by professional sound designers, covering everything from thunderous sub bases to raucous acid leads.

Thump One is available to download in VST3 and AU plugin formats for Windows and macOS for free. The standalone iPad app and iOS AUv3 plugin version is $3.99 USD.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2023 at 6:19 PM, Nick Blanc said:

This is an awesome techno tool.

I like this too. But how are you finding it in terms of CPU? I read on Bedroom Producers Blog some comments saying there was high CPU load. Some said that this only occurred when the GUI was open. I'm finding that it runs fine with the GUI closed, but I am experiencing some problems with late buffers on the one track I've used it on so far. Maybe this is the culprit, though it could be something else.

1 hour ago, David Inglesfield said:

I like this too. But how are you finding it in terms of CPU? I read on Bedroom Producers Blog some comments saying there was high CPU load. Some said that this only occurred when the GUI was open. I'm finding that it runs fine with the GUI closed, but I am experiencing some problems with late buffers on the one track I've used it on so far. Maybe this is the culprit, though it could be something else.

CPU load is quite insane for 1 synth. GUI open or not doesn't make a difference for me. It takes 12% of my CPU, that is Ozone 11 with 8 active modules territory.

1 hour ago, Carlos Iglesias said:

Cannot be used consumes too much CPU.

17 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

CPU load is quite insane for 1 synth. GUI open or not doesn't make a difference for me. It takes 12% of my CPU, that is Ozone 11 with 8 active modules territory.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I came to the same conclusion. While it is usable for me, the CPU load is rather heavy. As I was using it just to generate a kick drum repeating over and over again, it was a simple matter just now for me to export a single kick beat as audio, run the audio as a sample instead, and disable Thump One.

• 2 weeks later...