Orchestral Tools Solo Cello from Salu is half price for the next 48 hours

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to Orchestral Tools Solo Cello from Salu is half price for the next 48 hours
1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I get their emails, but I definitely wouldn't have noticed this without your post. I am in love with the sound of the cello, so I clicked your link, listened to the demo and immediately hit purchase. It sounds beautiful. I'll install it later and, if I can get to it before the sale is over, report my thoughts back here. Thanks, Larry! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

I tried the cello over lunch and it is very, very nice. I'm very glad I picked this up. The cello has a nice character to it. I find it on the nasally side -- but pleasant. I was considering picking up their Tableau Solo Cello during the next big sale (Black Friday?). I'd love to get the insights of anyone who owns that -- as if that goes on sale, I don't see any reason not to pick it up if it sounds different enough from this. Tableau's cello seems to be a lot more of "clean" recording that's more dry than Salu. Salu doesn't have many articulations -- which is no surprise for its price -- but it has a nice legato sustain patch, a nice spicato, some arpeggios, circular bowing and long and short portato. For less than 20 (US) bucks (or less than 20 Euros if you're in Europe), I would consider it a no-brainer purchase for cello lovers like me. I can definitely recommend this library.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3