Rotter Bank

Question

Hello everyone! We have been editing the timing on our projects and to do this we’ve turned audiosnap on to manually move each note using the transient markers.  This would be great however the tempo keeps automatically changing (you can’t guarantee that playing/editing will be in time). Does anyone know how to stop audiosnap automatically changing the tempo without turning audiosnap off? If there is also an easier way to edit without using the transient markers or quantising please let us know.  Thankyou so much. By the way this is real audio and not MIDI.

8 minutes ago, David Baay said:

... enabling 'Clip Follows Project' can cause other issues if it's in the wrong mode, and shouldn't be necessary if the OP just wants to manually drag transients around. ...

true enough but my read was his moving transients around was causing overall tempo issues which is why i had suggest checking the settings. 

11 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

true enough but my read was his moving transients around was causing overall tempo issues which is why i had suggest checking the settings. 

Yeah, I'm just advising not to touch anything in the Audiosnap Palette except Enable and Threshold until he undestands exactly how all the functions work.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

Why not just Bounce to Clip within the project?

Because I want to plunk the track back in the original location as it will be already set up correctly. This also results in clearing away all the unnecessary info that Cakewalk would need to read the original fragmented track. Nothing like shiny new audio tracks that start and end this alone is CPU friendly stuff. 

I think exporting at 48/32 no dithering will do no harm to the audio. Certainly a lot less damage than a tape bounce! 

15 hours ago, Bass Guitar said:

Live recordings are what they are

Yeah, they rarely sound good let alone great. For me, Frampton Comes Alive is one of the few exceptions. And it was touched up very little. They beefed up the crowd noise on one of the four shows, they edited a keyboard intro and they had to fix where a bass drum mic was kicked over. Other than that, it's all natural. Just a super tight band captured on their best shows.

But yeah, for the most part live shows are meant to be experienced live. That way u have the benefit of visuals to add to the experience. For instance, I know if I  have an off night playing wise, I'm able to make up for it with my upside down finger tapping, my David Lee Roth like high kicks and my buttless chaps.

However, I may have to cut down on the high kicks. I keep slipping on all the panties on the stage 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:
23 hours ago, David Baay said:

....he....

Going by their avatar photo, I'd say that Eden is female....

I noticed that after posting, and immediately edited the first reference in the sentence to neutral language but overlooked the second. I considered using 'they' but the historical incorrectness of that contruction will always bother me. My wife is a professor whose work gets into this area so I've been properly schooled and we have many non-binary/trans/etc. friends. But as the holder of a Ph.D in English literature, even she struggles with the awkwardness of they/them/their. I kind of wish they would just invent some totally new pronouns.

Anyway, all are welcome here. And avatars are not a reliable indicator of anything... except maybe the ones with flames. ;^)

P.S.  I see they're Rotter Bank, now, so... there's that.

Edited by David Baay