Office 365

cclarry

5 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

That's kind of like how Pro Tools is the industry standard. Pro Tools is only the industry standard because it's the industry standard, not because it's any better than anything else.

Exactly.

35 minutes ago, MarcL said:

Yes, I understand your argumets.

But are Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Pro Tools really more professional than others? Nowadays, if someone is dominating the market in a certain area, this does definitely not mean that their product is best, is professional! IMHO those 4 companies are technically not professional at all (and one could list a lot of reasons why)! Thus I think your wording has been quite provocative! 😄

I’m using the word professional here to separate the use of word processors in commercial businesses from the millions upon millions of privately owned licenses. I don’t put any additional value into that word. And, of course, any company that wants to stay alive needs to be professional. I hope I’ve made myself clear by now.

För övrigt – ha en fortsatt trevlig lördag, Mark! 😊

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 3:49 PM, Finnbogi Ragnar Ragnarsson said:

Getting Office for up to 6 people and up to 6TB of reliable file mirroring with a month of recovery for 69€ a year is a no brainer. There are ways to use all of the TBs with some tricks, if you don't have 6 family members.

That sounds like the family plan. How do you get it for 69 € a year?

On 9/9/2023 at 7:50 PM, pseudopop said:

That sounds like the family plan. How do you get it for 69 € a year?

I buy the renewal from a third party, get around 30% discount when on a sale. It's still the real deal. I don't necessarily buy it when the subscription is running out, but usually a few months ahead. It adds to the end of the active subscription.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1