50% Off Reason Upgrades

cclarry

I feel that once we pass Sept, 23rd, and people have issues, they will have to find a solution. These are paid for licenses, and just the fact that they changed their authorization method, and your software becomes useless (possibly - if you switch machines) seems like a backlash just waiting to happen. I'm on 11 (which I rarely use) and am not being "blackmailed" (as you appropriately put it) into spending more money, just to use what I already have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Barrie said:

I feel that once we pass Sept, 23rd, and people have issues, they will have to find a solution. These are paid for licenses, and just the fact that they changed their authorization method, and your software becomes useless (possibly - if you switch machines) seems like a backlash just waiting to happen. I'm on 11 (which I rarely use) and am not being "blackmailed" (as you appropriately put it) into spending more money, just to use what I already have.

Adobe pulled a similar stunt some years ago with the old Adobe Creative Suite's authentication servers (CS2/3/4). They had a tiny time frame when you could contact them for a key + special installer for your paid software to keep using them (in case you lost your installation or whatever and had to reinstall). They didn't even advertise or send emails to their customers about it. If you missed the chance, you were -- and are -- crap out of luck. All the Adobe fan boys were like "Yeah, don't expect software to work forever."  Hopefully the audio community is a bit more vocal about anti-consumer BS.

I paid around 55 dollars for the update some time ago when this great sale took place. Have to say I still enjoy toying around with Reason and don't regret having paid for the GUI update, Mimic the new Combinator.  But having to pay within 3 weeks now is not a nice move. 

But this is how it is. 

• Like 1