Tempo Track - Display / Timeline does not = Actual Tempo

Jim Stamper

Question

I'm working on a project that has a tempo change in the middle.   In measure 32, it slows down from 130bpm to 125bpm for 1 measure. In measure 33 it goes back to 130bpm.

The actual tempo change is OK, you can hear it slow down, you can see the tempo change occurring real time in the Transport Module.

However, the Tempo Track display (on the left), and  the Tempo Track timeline, do not reflect the tempo change. It shows the Nodes in the right spot where the change should be, but it won't show the change.

I've used the Tempo Track in several other projects, never had a problem until now. 

PS. It doesn't matter what Tempo Curve or Jump I assign, I've tried them all

tempo display.png

9 answers to this question

According to your image, it seems that there are no tempo nodes until measure 33, and it seems to be the same original 130 bpm tempo. Same for measure 34.

That's why the left pane does not reflect your changes, as there are none?

Measure 69 shows a tempo change to 125.02, but it's out of the range in your pic.

38 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

According to your image, it seems that there are no tempo nodes until measure 33, and it seems to be the same original 130 bpm tempo. Same for measure 34.

That's why the left pane does not reflect your changes, as there are none?

Measure 69 shows a tempo change to 125.02, but it's out of the range in your pic.

Andres, I wish it was that easy.  But there IS a tempo change at measure 32-33. The problem is that the Tempo track display is not showing it in the left pane or the timeline. But the change is really there -  you can watch the  bpm indicator change in real time in the Transport module, and you can hear it. (PS. The tempo change at measure 69 is a different one, and it is correctly shown in the Tempo track display, so I did not include that region in the pic.)

Here is a new pic that shows how the Transport module tempo is correct, while the Tempo track display is not

image.thumb.png.0731278c63630987203a64ea25a936fa.png

Edited by Jim Stamper
new picture

1 hour ago, Jim Stamper said:

there IS a tempo change at measure 32-33. The problem is that the Tempo track display is not showing it in the left pane or the timeline

I see... if you can see and hear the tempo changes, but they are not reflected in the timeline or the left pane, that's weird (may be a bug?) I have never experienced something like that before. Interesting ...

Perhaps other users can help. Or even the support team. Seems like a technical issue within CW, not user related.

Edited by Andres Medina

8 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

I see... if you can see and hear the tempo changes, but they are not reflected in the timeline or the left pane, that's weird (may be a bug?) I have never experienced something like that before. Interesting ...

Perhaps other users can help. Or even the support team. Seems like a technical issue within CW, not user related.

Yes, I believe its a bug. I was hoping to find other users who might have found a solution. 

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@Jim Stamper - can you send a copy of your .cwp file to @Jonathan Sasor?  We'll take a look at it.

Thank you Mark & Jonathan,

I have sent a skinny version of the project with just a few audio tracks ... because it needs to fit under your Max total file size, and also I don't want to share the music at this time. It appears the problem still exists in the skinny version.

I am using an Intel NUC Enthusiast PC less than 1 year old, 64GB RAM, Windows 11, Presonus Studio 1824 interface. Soft synths from Native Instruments, East West, Toontrack, and Spitfire Audio BBC SO Discover. All software and hardware is 100% up to date with the latest releases and drivers.