Straight Ahead Samples Birth of the Trumpet only $84!

cclarry

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

The neighbours already hate me enough for my e-drums. :(

Hmm.  I have a Neighbor from H**l  and maybe I should take up the drums LOL!     I keep telling my wife I should go out at 5am and start to play Taps right by the fence!
My wife says we must take the high road and ignore the WWE (Wicked Witch of the East )    Plus are  surrounding neighbors are nice and I shouldn't subject them to my Brass Playing at 5am.  I'm slowly practicing my horn after decades of not playing the trumpet at all.  YouTube to the rescue on how to build up my embouchure strength.
I tried a EWI several years ago and realized that I miss playing an actual brass instrument and so I have been slowly building my chops. I was surprised that I remembered all the fingerings for the notes.

Anyway this software approach would certainly be a heck of a lot easier to lay down a track or two  :D

• Like 1

This is one of the most jaw-droppingly good VIs I own.

If you pipe or play in some midi and listen back in 'regular' mode, it's pretty meh. It's just a sampled trumpet. But flick that smart delay switch and/or start playing with the articulations via the keyswitches/articulation maps, and it's damn near miraculous. The same goes for the trombone, tenor, and clarinet (I haven't had a chance to play with the alto yet even though it's been Bapu'd for months).

SAS' brushes and upright bass are good value too.

9 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

This is one of the most jaw-droppingly good VIs I own.

If you pipe or play in some midi and listen back in 'regular' mode, it's pretty meh. It's just a sampled trumpet. But flick that smart delay switch and/or start playing with the articulations via the keyswitches/articulation maps, and it's damn near miraculous. The same goes for the trombone, tenor, and clarinet (I haven't had a chance to play with the alto yet even though it's been Bapu'd for months).

SAS' brushes and upright bass are good value too.

Shame they didn’t achieve the same with Atomic Big Band. Sounds thin af.

Maybe I'll create my own big band with the solo instruments layered with SWAM and VHorns/VBrass.

Yeah, I don't have ABB, but didn't love the demos. IIRC some of the individual sections sounded OK, but I didn't hear the same level of ultra-realism in the context of full arrangements. FWIW, the dynamic range of the solo instruments tops out around forte - you're not going to get the real 'blasts' you'd probably want. I.e., you'd get the timbre you'd need for something like Moonlight Serenade, but not for the later bits of American Patrol.

• Sad 1