Problems with exporting as midi

MR Flo-ax

Question

7 answers to this question

How and where are you setting the patches in CbB? If the patches are set in a software synthesizer, that won't translate into a MIDI file, I think. 
If the patches are set in the MIDI Track Pane and not in a soft synth, they will be saved and exported with a MIDI file.

It may be more than patch settings.

Cakewalk by BandLab is much more than a MIDI file player and all the extra data has to be stored somewhere. Data such the plug-ins used,  audio clip locations and audio routing information are all stored in Cakewalk project files. Since none of this is MIDI data, it is not saved to standard MIDI files.

Do the MIDI tracks in the exported MIDI files have Patches defined?

Some synths need may not respond to the Patch settings of the individual MIDI tracks. In case this happens, I also create patch change events in each MIDI track of a MIDI file. 

28 minutes ago, JohnnyV said:

Export midi only exports the very basic midi data. If you Save a midi file it will contain the other important information like patches and tempo. 

I just exported (rather than file saved) a type 1 MIDI file from a previous project.  All of the tempo changes and patch changes were intact in the exported MIDI file.

Perhaps you’re thinking of importing MIDI

Hi, I'd like to ask help on MIDI exporting too!
I was trying to export to midi those sounds from banks of patches, like those on TTS-1 (i.e., Electric Piano 1, bank 0, bank 1, bank 2, etc.)

I saved some midi files and played back them on Windows Media Player, but different sounds from Electric Piano 1, as shown above, didn't take effect!
However I tryied different rhythm bank of patches it seems it worked!

Does someone could suggest me some reading or tutorial to help me on this?
Thanks in advance!

Edited by mgustavo