256 Voice Factory Presets

128 Performance Factory Presets

Includes all RAW Waveforms

Voice and Perf Sampled Sounds

Includes all Drum Kits

Fully editable sounds

Compare2.png

Edited by chris.r

For me it could be the best moment to buy cheap the legacy now UVI version which I should be fine with (for a while😂), unfortunately after jrrshop sold it's last license for $25 and I didn't jump on it quickly enough, there's none on sale at the moment so I will probably miss it entirely... and I'm not even entitled for the crossgrade price from the OP! 😭😭😭

Edited by chris.r
  • Sad 3

Great news ladies and gentleman! I wrote a question to bestservice.com and they put it on sale for $29😍🤑 so jump on it quickly while the stock last if anyone missed out on the jrr shop sale! Just remember this is for the, now legacy, 1.2GB UVI library I'm talking about here, and not the new v2, 50GB proprietary GM synth that you can get through the link in the OP, so please mind that.

EDIT: this should also count towards the crossgrade price as for the next step👍

Edited by chris.r

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Great news ladies and gentleman! I wrote a question to bestservice.com and they put it on sale for $29😍🤑 so jump on it quickly while the stock last if anyone missed out on the jrr shop sale! Just remember this is the, now legacy, 1.2GB UVI library I'm talking about here, and not the new v2, 50GB proprietary GM synth that you can get through the link from the OP, so please mind that.

EDIT: this should also count towards the crossgrade price as for the next step👍

Isn’t $29 plus the $49 upgrade more than just the intro price? 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 2:41 PM, Robert Joseph said:

Isn’t $29 plus the $49 upgrade more than just the intro price? 

That's correct, but I don't have $75 for now, and I'm not even sure I can find enough space on disk.

For as much as I love the sound of GM instruments, I'm also wary of their frequent changes in authorization methods and instrument concepts, having already had bad experience with a couple of their instruments being discontinued (where they literally have remotely cut the activations!) with no other choice than only to uninstall them, then install something else instead, give up on some former versions that I liked more, and with no way to get back to project where I have used them already😡! So I wanted to jump on the UVI version now and have the license deposited in my ilok account, that's much more future-proof. Besides, I like the fat sound of uvi filters and it's glide so I should be very happy with it for a while.

And when there will be crossgrade sale in future, then in the right time I will think about crossgrading to version 2.

Edited by chris.r

Ok finally got the reply from support that they don't want to register my UVI serial and advice me to get a refund.

This is yet another example of great sounding products but poor customer support and licensing. Think I'll have to take a closer look now on their terms whether they allow to resale my other licenses. Real bummer:(.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Wait? You bought a serial that they...won't let you register?! Sounds like they need to be talking to their resellers and having them pull the UVI licenses!

Yes that's what is happening, I bought an actual item legally from a trustworthy shop but they aren't interested in respecting that and just try to turn me back to Best Service. Moreover I'm having an discussion over email with someone who either is a kid, or is trying hard to make such impression by completely ignoring my questions about their resale policy. Very poor impressions so far...

I'll report back how things turned up when we finish.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So here we go. I contacted Best Service and told them about the problem and that I would prefer to have the license rather than money back and they immediately have taken care of my case. I had to wait a day and a little more for a reply but when they came back to me they said unfortunately that they have tried everything but could help it anymore so, they had to refund the money. Now that's what I call customer care, kudos BS!👍

After many attempts I finally got also some information from GM about procedures for reselling their licenses, should I decide for it, good to know that at least it's possible. But I have learnt a lot about how the GM support works.

Bottom line is, buying software you like is one thing, dealing with support, should you need it, is another.