Si Instruments not showing in the menu

Hi. I've used Bandlab Assistant to install the plugins (Studio Instruments Suite is ticked and greyed out) but when I select Insert > Soft Synth, there's no option for any SI instruments, mainly the drum machine which I'm after using. Bandlab Assistant says to remove any plugins, do so in the Windows Apps menu and uninstall like a normal app but the Instrument Suite isn't in the list of installed items there either!

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 124513.png

Hi Jeff and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

Can you post a screenshot of your Plug-in Manager with VSTis selected so we can see if the Studio Instrument is present?  It may be just a matter of inserting the plug-ins in the list of your VSTis or adding the install path to the plug-in scan properties.

You may try to (re)scan your plug-ins (from Plug-in Manager) to see if they are picked up that way in case you haven't already done so.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Unless one needs the features offered by BandLab Assistant, the Cakewalk Installer may be a little easier to use, especially when the add-ons are involved. Unlike BA, the Cakewalk installer does not track previous installation attempts.

By default, Studio Instruments place plug-in specific folders in three directories:

• C:\Program Files\Cakewalk \Studio Instruments
  • C:\Pprogram Files\Cakewalk\Vstfiles
  • C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments

Assuming the plug-ins are installed, they may have scanned incorrectly. This has been reported before. The plug-ins were in the VST2 Audio FX section in the Plug-in Manager and FX plug-in layouts. If this is the case, run a VST Reset from CbB preferences. Enable "Scan in Sandbox" and "Generate Scan Log" before pressing the Reset button. Review the log, if the reset fails to pick up the plug-ins. as synths.