Apogee July 4th Sale

cclarry

I only have the Clearmountain Spaces because it's been the most discounted on sales. I was really excited to get it because, well, Bob Clearmountain. I like that it incorporates a de-esser and an EQ, but the presets seem pretty limited.  (I guess I'm hard to please, because I don;t like too many presets either!)  But it has been very instructional as far as a "reverb chain" and the need to incorporate those pieces, including multiple reverbs.  But other than getting a really great round kick drum sound, I've honestly been kind of "meh" on this one.  I need to break it out again and run it through its paces.  It's certainly worth the sale price of $30 though.

I'm very curious about his Domain plugin, but it's priced waaaaay too $$ for me.  Same with the Phases plugin.

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

I love presets, especially for complicated plugins. It's a great way to learn them and a good starting point if you find one you like.

BTW, here's the mix where I used the Clearmountain Spaces on the kick (and snare too, I think).  I kind of abandonded it a year ago because I wasn't quite happy with it, so it's not really "finished".   But I never would have tried a verb on the kick if I hadn't seen the preset in the Clearmountain plugin. I think it was something like "Beefy Low End" or something like that. But I kind of liked it!

Disclaimer: this style is NOT a genre in my wheelhouse so I'm not certain how well things are balanced in that regard.

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2