New: TB Lowtone Innovative bass synthesizer

cclarry

ToneBoosters Lowtone is a brand-new, innovative bass synthesizer that is included in our latest plug-in installer. 

Introducing Lowtone

Lowtone features 3 VCOs with a large variety of analog waveform algorithms, each supporting continuous PWM, FM, Unison, and Punch. 

TB Lowtone is the world's first synthesizer featuring loudness-domain synthesis, creating deeper, more consistent bass. Intrigued? Click here for more information, audio demos, and a free demo version!

24 Euros

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_lowtone_v1.html

• Like 2

The synth itself looks interesting.  However, the description states :

"To overcome the resulting inconsistencies in loudness and timbre, TB Lowtone features innovative, loudness-domain synthesis algorithms that adjust each harmonic individually to compensate for loudness deviations across frequency."

I thought the inconsistencies were very dependant on the playback volume, which cannot be known in advance.

they should improve flowtones gui instead, add this to it and ask for upgrade price but making cut down bass version with monophonic bass makes no sense much as it cant compete with others like bassynth or sublab etc

seems to me like cut down flowtones, they just removed F lowtone S, nothing interesting in terms of sounds selection, they probably need some quick  bucks

Edited by dee

13 hours ago, dee said:

all the demo sounds very similar like 80s funky sounds, not much selection, must be very limited hence the price just 24e i think

Haven't tried this one but TB usually offer real value.  The EQ for example has some features only matched by EQs much more expensive and a better looking UI than most of them to boot.