Cakewalk Emoji Track?

JnTuneTech

After a few rounds of responding to what was probably trolling in another part of this forum, where someone (ostensibly) asserted that Cakewalk should be able to create rests in a MIDI track in PRV, I got philosophical about the current state of where musical understanding & performance is going.   - Yeah, OK, I was being a grumpy old dude.

Then it occurred to me, what's next?  If we want to program music that way, shouldn't we add an emoji track to Cakewalk? -In fact, we can even get AI programming involved to have it "respond" to the beats & loops automatically, and then add it and post it to your latest TikTok video!

-Oops - I hope Next isn't actually going to go that way,  -respectfully... I'm all for easy content creation and expression, but I think that this idea gets the poop emoji from me!

..(Spreaders) That's it. That's it. Good.  (Man) Stop hitting me!  (Spreaders) What?  (Man) Stop hitting me!  (Spreaders) Stop hitting you?  (Man) Yes.  (Spreaders) What did you come in here for then?  (Man) I came here to complain.  (Spreaders) Oh, I'm sorry, that's next door. It's being hit on the head lessons in here.  (Man)  -What a stupid concept.  [Monty Python]

Edited by JnTuneTech
clarity?
  • Like 2

Yes, -I can even envision the emoji track forum complaints now...

(NotBot) - Hey, the second verse in my project is supposed to be the hot & sexy movement, but the emoji AI keeps messing up the eggplant emoji I inserted.

(Hapy2Help) - Maybe you didn't insert it in the right place? 

(NotBot) - That's not it. You don't understand. That's the hot part of the song, but the AI put my emoji in laying down, and I can't get it up. How do I fix that?

(Hapy2Help) - Um, -It did what?  -Are you sure you put it in the right place?  Did you install the plugin correctly?

🙄 🙊

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JnTuneTech said:

Yes, -I can even envision the emoji track forum complaints now...

(NotBot) - Hey, the second verse in my project is supposed to be the hot & sexy movement, but the emoji AI keeps messing up the eggplant emoji I inserted.

(Hapy2Help) - Maybe you didn't insert it in the right place? 

(NotBot) - That's not it. You don't understand. That's the hot part of the song, but the AI put my emoji in laying down, and I can't get it up. How do I fix that?

(Hapy2Help) - Um, -It did what?  -Are you sure you put it in the right place?  Did you install the plugin correctly?

🙄 🙊

(Hapy2Help) - I'm understanding that your problem is that your pitch is flat.  Try adding 100 cents to make it sharp.  😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

(Hapy2Help) - I'm understanding that your problem is that your pitch is flat.  Try adding 100 cents to make it sharp.  😁

(NotBot) - Hey, are you going to help me with my problem, or not?  -Read the room here!  I think that AI plugin you have in Cakewalk doesn't like my song, you need to fix that!

(Hapy2Help) - Well, not to be rude, but did you thoroughly read through the AI plugin documentation?  I believe there are very specific pre-requisites and procedures when using the sexy time mode. It's not just automatic you know! Certain things also have to go in the proper order, and as I mentioned earlier, in the right place.  Do you have the proper interface to be sure everything connects right? Did you get that pitch corrected as @craigb also suggested?

[no immediate response, or perhaps a network error gap ensues...]    ....................

(Hapy2Help) - Hello - did you get our recent posts - is everything OK?  -By the way, I should ask, what is the title of the project - song that you are experiencing the AI engine failure with?

(NotBot) - Well, I named it after one of the really old titles in my grandad's pre-AI banned audio collection... I think it was something called an album, and I liked the name. -"Machine Head".  The picture with it even looked like some kind of liquid metal stuff - would that be offensive to the AI plugin?

(Hapy2Help) - Well. "Machine Head" - you say?  That might be rudely interpreted - I would suggest turning off the AI plugin for that track, just to be safe. -In fact, all the AI tools.

(NotBot) - You've got to be kidding? -How do you make a song without AI?? That's like singing without auto tune. -No way.

😅 🙉 🥵

Edited by JnTuneTech
some things you would think are obvious..

1 hour ago, JnTuneTech said:

(NotBot) - You've got to be kidding? -How do you make a song without AI?? That's like singing without auto tune. -No way.

{The Cakewalk forum admin gets an urgent alert from one of the ad bots. Immediately afterwards, they chat with the upper-level data silo AI:  "Hey, we have a possible opportunity here, you'd better spin up the legacy Noel simulation, and get it ready again - we may have someone wanting to actually use the old school, pre-AI approach to Cakewalk products!  -Oh, and also rack up that Anderton module, just in case they go the um, what did it used to be called... Do It Yourself sort of way of thinking. I'm sure we can handle that, we have the digitally signed EULA from when they first used the free version at some music & computer club memorabilia show..."]

***Complete FICTION!***  - (We hope!)  😅 🙈🙉🙊  🤓

(CakewalkForumAdminBot) - [Internal discussion]  Let's just get this guys stuff hidden on page 32...  Fire off our usual secret weapon!

(BapuBot) - Ready for a post frenzy!

(CakewalkForumAdminBot) - Bless his heart!

😁

Edited by craigb
  • Haha 1