ASIO of Behringer Interface No Longer Listed

David Roberts

Question

I use windows 11, and the newest updates updated some Realtek drivers. When I open Cakewalk, it no longer lists my Behringer UCM204HD as the driver for ASIO, but only Realtek, which Cakewalk says in incompatible and will not accept. I read somewhere that Windows will only recognize one ASIO driver at a time. How can I change back to the Behringer interface as the ASIO driver, rather than the Realtek on Windows 11. Also, I uninstalled the updates that created the issue, but it did not solve the problem.

5 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, David Roberts said:

I use windows 11, and the newest updates updated some Realtek drivers. When I open Cakewalk, it no longer lists my Behringer UCM204HD as the driver for ASIO, but only Realtek, which Cakewalk says in incompatible and will not accept. I read somewhere that Windows will only recognize one ASIO driver at a time. How can I change back to the Behringer interface as the ASIO driver, rather than the Realtek on Windows 11. Also, I uninstalled the updates that created the issue, but it did not solve the problem.

Welcome to the forum.
Is the Behringer driver even on the list or is it gone completely? Your post seems to indicate it is gone.
If it's still listed but not selected, you need to deselect the RealTek ASIO driver first before you can select another driver.
And you're right about being able to use only 1 ASIO driver at a time, a Steinberg limitation and that the RealTek driver isn't worth the bits it's written with.
Good luck!

2 hours ago, JohnnyV said:

Remove post information wrong. 

thanks

I'll leave the following for future reference, the information may be useful, but this has nothing to do with the OP's question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFAIK, the RealTek ASIO driver, while not suitable for DAW, does not affect other ASIO drivers.

The recommendation to remove drivers from the ASIO registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

is an expedient to prevent GENERIC ASIO drivers from interfering with the DAW discovery process of factory ASIO drivers.

There should be at most one ASIO driver for each audio device. When a device has a factory ASIO driver installed, a generic ASIO driver appears as a second and possibly conflicting configuration for the same hardware.

• Like 2