M-Audio BX4 or Edifier r1280t

Asato Maa

Dear colleagues, I need your advice!

About a week ago I bought a new speakers M-Audio BX4 for comparison and maybe changing my Edifier r1280t.

I want to choose near field acoustics for listening and mixing.  And now I feel embarrassed and don't know what to choose. 

Edifier sound somehow cleaner and juicier on high, they have a front location bass reflex.  Their low frequencies already sound from about 50 Hz, judging by the amplitude frequency response. 

M-Audio is more powerful and bassier, they have a more even amplitude frequency response, although there is a hump somewhere at 100 Hz, but the manufacturer claims that they have a low range threshold from 69 Hz.

What do you recommend for choosing?

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 5:21 AM, Asato Maa said:

Dear colleagues, I need your advice!

About a week ago I bought a new speakers M-Audio BX4 for comparison and maybe changing my Edifier r1280t.

I want to choose near field acoustics for listening and mixing.  And now I feel embarrassed and don't know what to choose. 

Edifier sound somehow cleaner and juicier on high, they have a front location bass reflex.  Their low frequencies already sound from about 50 Hz, judging by the amplitude frequency response. 

M-Audio is more powerful and bassier, they have a more even amplitude frequency response, although there is a hump somewhere at 100 Hz, but the manufacturer claims that they have a low range threshold from 69 Hz.

What do you recommend for choosing?

Here is an excellent review that may enlighten you  about the  Edifier r1280t Speakers.
https://www.audiostance.com/edifier-r1280t-review/

• Thanks 1