Savant

RexRed

This song is a departure from my love songs. I hope you enjoy it, thanks for the listens and critiques peeps!

Yes, that is me doing to voice acting too. lol 😁

This song just underwent a huge facelift yesterday. 

I hope it is an improvement.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jack c. said:

nicely done rex and so different then your usual stuff.jack c

i'd like to hear a more simple drum pattern.kick snare kick snare etc as is,sounds to busy for me.tad more bass

I am always glad when advice is given here. It is very helpful and it encourages me to work harder on my songs. 

The drums that I use in this song are one unit so I am not able to break them apart, but I did try and make them less up front.

I brought the bass out more as you suggested and I actually listened to this song through my speakers and not just the headphones.

I should know better than release a mix without using me speakers as well as the headphones.

After hours of working in the headphones I seem to resist using my speakers to get another view of the song.

I hope in using the speakers I may have gotten a better mix out of this song.

I uploaded and replaced the song with the new version.

I really like this song but it is challenging to get it right.

3 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

As I said in another post, you are a versatile songwriter, and this tune shows you are a songwriter for all seasons.  This is a seriously cool song!  Encore!!

Thanks a lot Lynn for the compliment!  I really appreciate your comment about this song. I wonder if my intentions with this genre of music are well placed.

I love classic detective/sleuth shows and this is my tribute to that obsession of mine. 😁