TDR Nova SideChain doesn't work on Buss or AUX

I also had a similar problem for VST3 versions of TDR plugins last time(a few months ago though).

I saw a post somewhere,  it works if you don't use 64 bit double precision.

But if this is a kind of bug that can be fixed, I want this to be fixed.

3 hours ago, Quick Math said:

I also had a similar problem for VST3 versions of TDR plugins last time(a few months ago though).

I saw a post somewhere,  it works if you don't use 64 bit double precision.

But if this is a kind of bug that can be fixed, I want this to be fixed.

Math thank you very much, I'll try your council , have you tried to contact Tokyo Down software ?
I tried on Studio One and it's works fine , it could be cakewalk issue ? 
@Noel Borthwick did you know this issue ?

Edited by EnglandBross

11 minutes ago, EnglandBross said:

Math thank you very much, I'll try your council , have you tried to contact Tokyo Down software ?
I tried on Studio One and it's works fine , it could be cakewalk issue ? 
@Noel Borthwick did you know this issue ?

No, I haven't contacted TDR so maybe we could ask them. There was a thread about it like a year ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I tried TDR Nova free again and the external sidechain doesn't work under 64 bit double precision on.

The work around is to turn off 64 bit double precision.

But here is another work around that worked as I tried without changing 64 bit DP setting.

I simply used a VST wrapper plugin called Element by Kush view, which has been free.

Some plugins that doesn't work well on cakewalk actually work when you use a wrapper like that.

Edited by Quick Math

On 11/29/2023 at 1:29 PM, Quick Math said:

I tried TDR Nova free again and the external sidechain doesn't work under 64 bit double precision on.

The work around is to turn off 64 bit double precision.

But here is another work around that worked as I tried without changing 64 bit DP setting.

I simply used a VST wrapper plugin called Element by Kush view, which has been free.

Some plugins that doesn't work well on cakewalk actually work when you use a wrapper like that.

Or just get a better compressor where side chaining just works with out all the fluffing around.....

• Confused 1