No playback audio.

Alright so I just got this DAW and have been fiddling with it for several hours overnight following every forum post and youtube video related to "no audio in cakewalk" but I still just cant seem to get it working. The audio drivers are all correct, master bus, sound card, inputs and outputs, you name it I have done it. Yet there is still nothing from playback. There is audio when I am recording, I can here my guitar and the tone is changing through the amp sims, but playback gives nothing. I am at a loss at this point and IDK what to do.

Are there any other things I could have missed? I can provide screenshots of specifics if needed.

10 hours ago, Joshua Gaunder said:

There is audio when I am recording, I can here my guitar and the tone is changing through the amp sims, but playback gives nothing.

Does it record? Are there waveforms in the tracks?
What sound card or audio interface are you using?
What options are available for output when you click the arrow?
And welcome to the forum.

outputcontrols.jpg

10 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Do you see any meter activity when you play what's recorded?

You should see it on the track, bus, master & mains if you have these busses set up

Fader levels all turned up to 0dB? Are there any plugins in your project anywhere?

No activity, all turned to 0dB, no plugins.

56 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

Does it record? Are there waveforms in the tracks?
What sound card or audio interface are you using?
What options are available for output when you click the arrow?
And welcome to the forum.

outputcontrols.jpg

I can record, there are waveforms.

I'm using a scarlett 2i2 3rd gen.

The inputs and outputs of the scarlett are the only options that show: Input 1 L, Input 2 R, Input 1 + 2 S, and Output 1 1+2 S.

What you write doesn't make sense. I will point out that the scarlett 2i2 has direct mointor. That lets you hear what's going into the IF, but not what's recorded. make sure direct monitor is disabled.

scarlett2i2-bullets-front.png