Windows 11 - 'Kernel Mode Hardware enforced Stack Protection is off

Hi all - in Win 11 has anyone experienced the 'Kernel Mode Hardware enforced Stack Protection is off' in Windows Security - Device Security - Core Isolation' warning. I've read around about this an it seems like it may be related to a new Windows security update that was intended to fix another security error (which seems to have gone away now) It gives an option to turn on and restart but I have read that some people have had problems with this as it affects drivers I'm tempted to take the risk and leave it alone hoping that another security update will sort it but does anyone have any experience of enabling it?

You've just given me another reason to stick with Windows 10 for at least another year or two. Have no desire to be an unpaid Windows beta tester, and there is absolutely nothing in Windows 11 that interests me, so I can wait for it to be fully baked! ;)

Sorry for your troubles. Hope you find the answer!

• Great Idea 1

Very wise! I was going to wait but the old PC was on its last legs so went for it as my Win 11 laptop (nothing critical on there!) seemed ok! Then it all went pear shaped 😞 I'm not going to rush into any changes as hopefully MS will do an update that will sort before I get attacked by the Kernel Stack Monster!  

It appears that Windows 10 is entering its "Golden Years". No more feature updates, as 22H2 will be the final version of Windows 10. But it will still be supported with security updates by MS until Oct 2025. It will probably be the most stable Windows ever! :)

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/04/its-the-end-of-the-line-for-yearly-windows-10-updates-says-microsoft/

"At least some of the people still running Windows 10 are doing it because they don’t want to deal with changes, so the end of feature updates isn’t exactly heartbreaking."

The understatement of the year! 🤣

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...