30% off Synthesizer V and Eclipsed Sounds Synth V Voice Banks (Solaria and Asterian)

Reid Rosefelt

1 hour ago, kinen_papico said:

I just tested the Voice DB that I bought. Perhaps Eclipsed Sounds is delayed in preparing the Rap singing function.

On their YouTube channel they show the suggested settings for using their voices in rap mode. See the video below, starting at 1 minute, 23 seconds.

They say that though Synthesizer V now has rap mode, they haven't made any changes to their database to optimize their singers for that mode. So, to get the best results they suggest making some manual adjustments. For Solaria, they recommend using higher values for "Solid" in vocal mode and for Asterian a high value for "Strained" or "Rough".  For Solaria you should use a  note range from G3 to F4, for Asterian from B2 to F3.

You probably already know how to switch to rap mode, but in case you don't: You select all the notes that should use rap mode, then in the note properties tab you have the pitch mode. Here you select "rap" and all notes turn from green to pink to show that they now use rap mode.

1 hour ago, Brian Lawler said:

Looking forward to Saros.

I was initially very intrigued when I was under the impression that the voice would be sort of gender-ambiguous. Probably got fooled by the pronouns.

Then I listened to some demos and was disappointed to hear a distinctly masculine voice that didn't sound very good either.

But now that I watched that video I'm interested again. I like the tone and I could definitely see myself using Saros on a backing track.

• Like 1