Tempo graph in CbB

Vassilis

In CbB am missing the older Tempo graph, which seems to have disappeared in the newer versions. I am referring to the very useful graph of previous CbB versions where you could modify and draw the tempo. Is there a chance  I could recover it?
Thanks for help

Vassilis

Press ALT+T

This has now moved up to the top of the Track View and is in sync with the tracks themselves, so it's much easier to line up tempo changes.

You can also get a list of tempos by going to the Show/Hide Tempo Inspector tab in the Inspector.

Edited by Lord Tim

2 hours ago, Vassilis said:

. . . it is much more difficult (or, should I say impossible) to draw a tempo curve . . . .

Did you try turning on grid lines and switching the cursor tool to draw (the pencil/pen aka the "Freehand Tool")? 

BTW, there is an option to use whole numbers when we right-click on Tempo Track.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Tempo.07.html

This is also in CbB's built-in Help. I used "Draw Tempo" for the keyword and then I selected "Using the Tempo Track."

PS:  Thanks for asking about this.  I don't  use the Tempo Track much, so this helps me, too.

Edited by User 905133
(5) Added a TY so no one would think I was snarky; (4) Added a link & reference to CbB's built-in Help; (3) Added "Freehand Tool" (the official term); (2) Added a note about "Snap to Whole Numbers; (1) changed "pencil" to "pencil/pen"

4 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

^^ yep, good advice.

Here's an example I just did then:

tempo.gif.366d71efe18776fd0fd4796a17e3cca2.gif

It's actually a lot more powerful than the original tool once you get used to the changes.

can't wait to hear that piece 🙂 not to mention dancing to it... lol :P 

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Haha 2

On 4/17/2023 at 11:16 AM, Lord Tim said:

It's actually a lot more powerful than the original tool once you get used to the changes.

I'd agree with this, and based on my very brief test drive a couple of days ago, once I set up the options that I wanted, it was super easy.  To me the flexibility of the new version outweighs the additional learning curve.

If I recall correctly, the current version of the tempo track (1) has more features and (2) is more like the tempo track than when the new version was introduced.  

14 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

If I recall correctly, the current version of the tempo track (1) has more features and (2) is more like the tempo track than when the new version was introduced.  

Yeah, that's right - I don't think we could do linear time changes well with the new version once it was brought in (or something like that). This basically is as powerful as regular automation envelopes now, but for tempo. There's definitely been times over the years where I'd loved to have done some Bezier curves for tempo to make it more natural, and it ended up being a real drag trying to wrangle it in position. It's like 2 or 3 clicks now.

• Like 1