Soundpaint Oboe Amore - New H.A.L Release!

cclarry

Sounds alight and the price is certainly very reasonable. 

It's interesting that SoundPaint pulled their Wurly and still haven't re-added it. I asked Troels about it several weeks ago and he said that he planned on re-adding it, but it's been at least a few months. As I own the library, I was hoping that they'd make some improvements to it, fix an issue I found and improve upon it to make it more dynamic. One of the great things about Wurlys is its dynamic responsiveness and I've found that some libraries -- including the SoundPaint one -- really don't capture those dynamics well. It'd be great to see a new version that does. 

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

21.17GB 

Mmmmmm No!

Wow, I didn't notice that. Although it is what we've come to expect from SoundPaint.

I wish 8Dio / SoundPaint invested more time writing user friendly scripts than trying to create the largest possible file sizes for each library. I recently deleted a bunch of 8Dio libraries I rarely or have never used as they took up so much space.  Of course, you can't resell their libraries so it was a bit disappointing having to delete them, but they were very bloated for what they delivered. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

5 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Wow, I didn't notice that. Although it is what we've come to expect from SoundPaint.

I wish 8Dio / SoundPaint invested more time writing user friendly scripts than trying to create the largest possible file sizes for each library. I recently deleted a bunch of 8Dio libraries I rarely or have never used as they took up so much space.  Of course, you can't resell their libraries so it was a bit disappointing having to delete them, but they were very bloated for what they delivered. 

You can make that claim with every developer.  How much of that stuff do we use in Komplete or Sampletank.

I finally delved into BW Black Edition vs. Majestica and found Mejestica far more workable.   Higher sample rates are overrated.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

You can make that claim with every developer.  How much of that stuff do we use in Komplete or Sampletank.

I finally delved into BW Black Edition vs. Majestica and found Mejestica far more workable.   Higher sample rates are overrated.

Yep, I'm with you on having a bunch of libraries that sit on my hard drives with little to no use -- that's definitely true for me too. Probably like a lot of us, I have many libraries from of the same instruments sampled by different developers and the 8Dio libraries are simply a lot bigger than other developers libraries of the same instrument.  So when my drives (and mine are primarily SSD) get near capacity, I start deleting libraries I don't use, and a bunch of those have been 8Dio libraries,  because they're usually much larger than their competitors and not as intuitively scripted. I've often bought them on big sales, thinking, "Even if I use them once in a while,  for the price, why not?" 

But the other factor that I've often given less consideration is, now owning dozens of 8Dio libraries,  they're huge. Unlike SampleTank libraries,  which I also rarely use, but they're mostly really small libraries. The lesson in all of this for me? You're usually posting about how huge file sizes are of 8Dio/SoundPaint libraries, while I tend to first get pulled in by the demos and price and don't even notice file size until I see you point it out. I've realized I need to pay a lot more attention to file sizes. In this case, 20 bucks for this library sounds very cheap. It's appealing to me.  But I also need to consider the 21.17GB of space for a library-- even if it's really good -- that I'll rarely use.