4k/High DPI Mode... still

matthias müller

It's nothing new but...

Got a new 4k TV as my Monitor and most Programs are fine with 200% Zoom. Cakewalk is blurry :(, can't fix it without everything getting super tiny and unusable.

Ableton for example is super sharp and also a lot of plugins inside Ableton work in 4k/highdpi.

I tried to lower the resolution in windows settings to 1080p and Zoom to 100%. then everything gets blurry, not just cakewalk.

I tried to check the box "override high dpi scaling". then everything looks sharp but super! tiny.

I tried the "EnableWin10DPIAwareness" ini, also with some different settings. but this also does not help :(

Would be nice to have a sharp cakewalk in 2023. And for plugins that don't scale right or don't have any resize option there is an option to handle it like now and they stay blurry. (like in ableton)

Please 🙏

• Like 2

HI:) 

I've 3 42" 4K TV Monitors with 3840x2160 and 150% Scaling in Win 11 and everything is fine with Cakewalk. Definitely not blurry!

Not Cakewalk, Reaper, Cubase or Studio One... Cubase has very little Menufont and can't resize it with a FontSizer for example. 

Cakewalk is very good to read in all windows!

Bassman.

... The funny thing is when i enable "override high dpi scaling" in windows properties. the ruler and track view is nice and readable, also the pioano roll and the main menu/windows text (some other things as well).

But the Mixer view, the tracks left in the track view (dont know how to call it but the screenshot in my last post), the top part with the modules and some other things are not possible to read. (without sitting 10cm infont of the screen and move my head around.... and thats not a solution...)

I tried to make a screenshot but on the pictutre it doesn't look nearly as drastic as it is.

• 2 weeks later...