BASS DI DISTORTION IN OLDER CAKEWALK... NOT IN NEWER CAKWALK

Francisco Mendoza

Question

WHEN I TRY TO RECORD WITH BASS DI....

I GET A  -----DISTORTION IN RECORDING IN OLDER CAKEWALK SONGS... BUT WHEN I START FROM SRATCH A NEW PROJECT THE BASS DI IS NOT NOT DISTORTED IN RECORDING... THERE IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT THE CAKEWALK BY BANDLAB AND OLDER CAKEWALK... YOU REALLY CAN NOTICE IT WITH BASS DI....

ITS LIKE I HAVE THE DRIVE UP.... EVEN WHEN TURN THE DRIVE DOWN VOLUME LOW....

4 answers to this question

Can you explain further?

Is the issue that when you use SONAR to record you get distortion? Or is it when you open an older SONAR project in Cakewalk by BandLab and record you get distortion?

If it's the first, the solution is to record using Cakewalk by BandLab. Cakewalk b BandLab can open older SONAR projects for further recording.

If it's the second, are you hearing this distortion as you record or on first playback? Have you tried creating a new track in the older project (new, not by duplicating) and recording on that?

I would carefully examine every setting on the tracks in the new and old projects, especially Gain (not fader volume, but the Gain control), but also any ProChannel module settings. The ProChannel has effects built in that can cause distortion (it's supposed to be intentional, but if the modules have gotten switched on by accident it will happen). And of course, any 3rd-party plug-ins. The settings may be getting messed up somehow going from SONAR to Cakewalk. It is not common, I'm just guessing.

On 4/6/2023 at 5:30 AM, Francisco Mendoza said:

I GET A  -----DISTORTION IN RECORDING IN OLDER CAKEWALK SONGS... BUT WHEN I START FROM SRATCH A NEW PROJECT THE BASS DI IS NOT NOT DISTORTED IN RECORDING... THERE IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT THE CAKEWALK BY BANDLAB AND OLDER CAKEWALK... YOU REALLY CAN NOTICE IT WITH BASS DI....

Welcome to the forum.
It seems as though you have "the drive up" in the old songs, possibly a VST, and when you record on that same project, you're playing through that same VST.
In the new projects, you never inserted that VST.

On 4/6/2023 at 6:30 AM, Francisco Mendoza said:

"Older Cakewalk" is extremely generic and doesn't aid us further in determining your issue. Are you talking about the old DOS Cakewalk? Cakewalk by Roland? SONAR? Cakewalk by Bandlab? They're all different products with different plugins and things.