Live Melodic Techno Jam // Moogs & stuff

Nick Blanc

It's been a weird weekend. Had a terrible friday and great saturday. Aweful to have a close friend call you that they might be dying very soon (f@#$k cancer), and a day later you are with all the entire group, all the children and just having a great day. On top that my key broke off in my lock of the front door and my favorite sports team lost. But the jam went well. So...I don't know man...overall screw this weekend.

Edited by Nick Blanc
  • Like 2

Interesting to watch you play the keys being mostly a vst user myself. Looks like a fun room. I like the pressure of this jam, my favorite sounds are the growls. The spacy twinkling arpy stuff is nice too. I like the coming in and going out parts too they contrast the heavy main section. The mix sounds right over here. Hope things go smoother for you, keep jamming !

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, treesha said:

Interesting to watch you play the keys being mostly a vst user myself. Looks like a fun room. I like the pressure of this jam, my favorite sounds are the growls. The spacy twinkling arpy stuff is nice too. I like the coming in and going out parts too they contrast the heavy main section. The mix sounds right over here. Hope things go smoother for you, keep jamming !

Thanks! The growls are from the Sub37, that's my favorite part too. It's an amazing machine for that kind of sound. You can mimic it somewhat with U-he Diva. Just apply glide to your patch, have a long sustained note and a short burst an octave (or 2) up. The spacy stuff is mainly the Matriarch. I messed that up slightly, because I made a patch with some stereo modulation intended as a pad, but I ended up using it as an arp. So the modulation doesn't have the time to complete its cycle and therefore the sound is a bit tilted to the right side. I noticed it this morning when I listened to it on headphones. 😅

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Nick, the work you do is certainly not in my wheel (3 minute Roocker myself).
But its growing on me!

Enjoy watching you work.

t

I'm learning guitar (3 lessons in), but I'm missing some essential fingers (index and middle finger on my left hand) so it will never be more than just some easy stuff. But I played a Metallica riff and Smoke on the water!  So perhaps in a later jam I will incorporate some guitar playing.

• Like 1