Sonitus Missing

BAKTRAK

Hi Guys,

Long time since I've been here.............getting back into recording.

I have recently done a clean install of Cakewalk ,having been previously  just upgrading over the years since Bandlab acquired ownership.

This was because recently,there appeared to be glitches in the workings which I wont go into now.

However, after the clean install.....I find that whilst Sonitus FX are showing up(in name) in the FX Folders , they don't  appear in the plug in manager and when trying to utilize.....I get the following error (see attached)

I liked the simplicity of Sonitus and its sidechain capability 

I've probably 'turned a wrong corner' here.

32bit - 64Bit issue maybe

Any help/direction most appreciated

Cheers....Frank

Cakewalk Error Message -Sonitus EQ.jpg

The Sonitus suite come bundled with Cakewalk so it's not a case of missing older SONAR plugins.

What OS are you running and is it 32bit or 64bit? Which version number of Cakewalk do you have installed? (You'll find that on Help > About)

It's possible there may have been something blocking your install somewhere if this is the most current version, possibly an over aggressive antivirus scanner.

I'd probably suggest a clean install would fix this, but let's get some more info first so we're not giving bad advice.

50 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

The Sonitus suite come bundled with Cakewalk so it's not a case of missing older SONAR plugins.

What OS are you running and is it 32bit or 64bit? Which version number of Cakewalk do you have installed? (You'll find that on Help > About)

It's possible there may have been something blocking your install somewhere if this is the most current version, possibly an over aggressive antivirus scanner.

I'd probably suggest a clean install would fix this, but let's get some more info first so we're not giving bad advice.

I'd go with Lord Tim's advice - he knows waaaay more about Cakewalk than I probably ever will....

I dunno, some days I read back my replies here and realise understanding what was being said in the OP is clearly some kind of ancient language I failed to read entirely 🙄 haha!

But yeah, this sounds like a dodgy or incorrect install (for whatever reason), or something is missing or not updated in Windows that's preventing things from being registered correctly.

Edited by Lord Tim

OK Sal and Lord Tim

Thanks for the prompt response :) 

Below is the system I am dealing with. ...(BTW ....we used to.... in the old days... have some way of placing this reference  info at the bottom of one's post template)

Is that not possible now?

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    22H2
OS build    19045.2604
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB [Hard drive] 
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Audio Interface: Scarlett 6i6(2nd Gen)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 [Display adapter]

Cakewalk By Bandlab Version: 2022.11 (Build 021,64Bit)

Antivirus: Windows Standard Security - (No 3rd Party Application) 

PS:I do have access to my Command Center Downloads still.

cheers........Frank 🦘

8 hours ago, BAKTRAK said:

(BTW ....we used to.... in the old days... have some way of placing this reference  info at the bottom of one's post template)

Is that not possible now?

Yeah it is (see mine below) - go to your profile and look for Signature. Only works on Desktop mode though.

Hmm, your specs look absolutely fine and definitely known to work by other posters on the forum (I think a couple of Bakers have very similar hardware and software in fact).

I'd rule out the bitness of anything being a problem in this case. So something has broken somewhere.

Give a Clean Install a go first, according to these instructions:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013372/Clean-Install-All-Cakewalk-Software

If that doesn't work, do the process again but first pause the Real-time Scan on Windows Defender and see if that helps.

It could well be a system permissions thing too, but it sounds unlikely because Win10 Home is more fiddly to get to that stuff as compared to Pro. But see how you go with the Clean Install first.

Heads up though, if you do put in your old products from Command Centre, make sure you run the current Cakewalk installer again last so all of its system libraries are current and not using any outdated Roland/Gibson era stuff.

Edited by Lord Tim

The Sonitus suite is still included with Cakewalk. It defiantly gets installed with out issues. I know this for a fact becuase last summer I installed Cakewalk on a Laptop that has none of my old Sonar stuff installed. I have 100's of project that use the EQ, delay and Multi band. 

But it's days might be numbered as it is DX format and old code that hasn't been updated for a very long time. People are reporting minor issues already. Like TTS-1 is defiantly fading fast. They are great plug ins but your time might be better spent trying  some others.  I myself have started to replace them with other VST's to avoid future issues. It is predicted it will be a Windows update that will kill them for us. 

There's lots of great free Compressors I just did a huge project testing over 80 of them. Here's the link to the You Tube. https://youtu.be/PLBxSGozIwo

The difference between TTS-1 and Sonitus though is that the Bakers have access to the Sonitus code and they're truly 64 bit. TTS is old Roland code and kind of a black box to a degree, and it's definitely showing its age in more ways than just the UI. The sounds are certainly usable but it's probably the most unstable thing in the entire Cakewalk stable.

But I do agree, while Sonitus is definitely bread and butter workhorse stuff for me, that does the job with no fuss, there are some excellent third party products that have a lot more modern fratures, many are free too.

24 minutes ago, abacab said:

These are great. I love TDR Nova as well: https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/

6 minutes ago, Sal Sorice said:

I really like the Sonitus stuff and hope the Bakers can keep the really good ones, um , baked in...

I can't see these going away. They're a part of a lot of the FX Chain presets for a start, and they honestly just work with no fuss. Put a new skin on them, and people would rave about the "great sounding updated plugins" I bet. 😉

TTS -1 is probably still only included for legacy reasons these days, honestly. It'd break a lot of stuff if they didn't include it by default.

• Like 1

Thanks Again, to all, for the valuable input,

This is a summary of what I have since attempted at least twice and the results.

1. For a second time, cleaned out my PC of all traces of Cakewalk , including Registry deletes per advisory : https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034066393-Clean-Install-Cakewalk-by-BandLab

2.I then attempted a Clean Install of Sonar Platinum ['Install All'] from Cakewalk Command Center. Install seemed to get all the way to the end when it suddenly failed with the attached Error message displayed. I was forced to Abort the intall.  Tried this method twice...same result.

3. Decided to log in to my Account Portal and manually install same. 64 Bit install failed with similar message. NB: 32 Bit Sonar Platinum installed successfully including a functioning  Sonitus Suite of apps. This 32Bit version does not recognize most of the Cakewalk Plugins which I installed later.

4. Whilst I felt it unlikely, decided then to install CbB  to  see whether Sonitus was now on its radar.......but after program scanning ...no..............the problem remained.

I don't want to keep banging on  (and banging my head)about this situation. Maybe it is time to move on... as has been suggested.

Just thought I would update you all on my findings for reference. 

Its all just gettin a bit hard :)

Thanks for your help guys....time for some new compressors I think.

cheers...Frank

Sonar Platinum Reinstall via Command CNTR (2) 10-03-23.jpg

Baktrak, a few things come to mind. When you did the clean install (as administrator), did you have any devices attached (Scarlett, etc.)? If so I'd try install with only keyboard/mouse attached.

If still failing it's highly unlikely, but possible, that you have a faulty memory stick. I only say this because it happened to me. Can't remember the exact error I was getting but I ended up running a full memory diagnostic (not the Windows one - I used Memtest86 - free version, which boots from USB). Ended having to warranty replace a memory module.

Another possibility:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2016000033/Unable-to-register-the-DLL-OCX-RegSvr32-failed-with-exit-code-0x3

Just now, Lord Tim said:

They *are* but @msmcleod has speculated a few times that internally, TTS isn't quite running all 64 bit code, which is why it's a little crash happy, depending when it's inserted into a project.

fair enough, shame neither got further developed (i once looked to buy the VST of the sonitus plugs to use on other hosts, but that was only 32bit so didn't bother)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BAKTRAK said:

1. For a second time, cleaned out my PC of all traces of Cakewalk , including Registry deletes per advisory : https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034066393-Clean-Install-Cakewalk-by-BandLab

2.I then attempted a Clean Install of Sonar Platinum ['Install All'] from Cakewalk Command Center. Install seemed to get all the way to the end when it suddenly failed with the attached Error message displayed. I was forced to Abort the intall.  Tried this method twice...same result.

3. Decided to log in to my Account Portal and manually install same. 64 Bit install failed with similar message. NB: 32 Bit Sonar Platinum installed successfully including a functioning  Sonitus Suite of apps. This 32Bit version does not recognize most of the Cakewalk Plugins which I installed later.

4. Whilst I felt it unlikely, decided then to install CbB  to  see whether Sonitus was now on its radar.......but after program scanning ...no..............the problem remained.

I don't want to keep banging on  (and banging my head)about this situation. Maybe it is time to move on... as has been suggested.

This is all pretty weird, So the 32bit installed fine but the 64bit is causing issues. :/   I suspect this might come back to bite you down the track unless it gets resolved, because if it's having trouble registering certain components, you never know what may fail to install later.

If you entirely forget about installing any versions of SONAR at all, does the 64 bit version of Cakewalk install correctly at all after a clean install, or is it still the same problem with the fresh install of just Cakewalk? It's certainly worth trying to install this as Administrator to see if that helps.  I mean, you should just get a prompt to give admin permission even if you're signed in as a regular user when you run an elevated program install like this, so it's very weird. But yeah, try an admin install and see if it helps.

Another thing that's worth considering is if you have any directory junctions running on your machine. That can sometimes get things all muddled up with registering components. It looks like this is all default stuff from your screenshot though.

Anyone smarter than me want to have a crack at this? I'm starting to run out of ideas...!