Unable to increase Magnetic Test

Sven

image.thumb.png.95c5be4774adee6576988617ed6d1176.png

If I increase the magnetic test toward 'Extreme' and press Apply it always jumps back to the position seen above.  Is there some other setting I need to change to be able to increase this value?

Thanks.

So you're saying that you drag the slider all the way to "Extreme" and it stays there until you click "Apply," then it jumps back to 2 ticks down from "Extreme?"

That is a strange one. I've not heard of any setting that prevents you from changing this setting. Curious: what happens if you try to select one of the levels more toward "Light" and click "Apply?" Does it jump up to the 2 ticks from the top setting?

image.thumb.png.7e3d468852a76f51e31ddcc9dd677d37.png

image.thumb.png.e8ea43ebd193f9b0cabbc0ac4ebb5643.png

Hi Starship Krupa,

Agreed, it's a strange one.   I've lived with it for years but was always curious if it's something I could fix.  The screenshots above will all revert to the first screen shot I sent upon hitting the Apply button.

For the record:

image.png.97044c1219d89b141017046600302f1b.png

Thanks.

Starship Krupa,

Do you have no problems changing the Magnetic Test to whatever setting you want?  I keep thinking there's some reason Cakewalk won't allow me to do that based on my system settings or whatever.   

Thanks.

I don't use this at all (except for a test once or twice a few years ago), but I thought the Snap Intensity setting changed in real time and the test strip was just a place where we can test the snap settings.  

Edited by User 905133
correction

Are you seeing this in all projects? Snap Intensity is saved per-project and the intensity of the most-recently opened project will pertain to all open projects, but you should be able to change it in any one of them unless possibly a particular project has become corrupted somehow. Workspaces should not have a bearing but you might try setting Workspaces to None and re-trying. Otherwise... I dunno.

3 hours ago, Sven said:

Starship Krupa,

Do you have no problems changing the Magnetic Test to whatever setting you want?  I keep thinking there's some reason Cakewalk won't allow me to do that based on my system settings or whatever.   

I have no problem setting the Snap Intensity to any setting. It stays put when I do that.

Magnetic Test is just a convenient way to test whether you want to keep the Snap Intensity setting.

I don't wish to sound pedantic, but it's best to have the terms clarified so that we can help sort out what's gone wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sven said:

I guess it's no big deal that it doesn't remember where I left the magnetic test.  The snap intensity setting remains where I want it and that's what's important.  [emphasis added]

• From the Cakewalk Reference Guide:
    • "If you want to change the magnetic snap strength, or turn off magnetic snap, adjust the Snap Intensity slider."
    • "Snap Intensity. Specify the magnetic strength when snapping, which determines how quickly moved events are pulled towards the snap grid." 
    • "Magnetic Test. Drag the event to test the current Snap Intensity setting."

Based on what the Reference Guided says, I think you are right:  if the Snap Intensity setting remains where you want it, from what I can tell, it doesn't matter if the test location gets reset or remains where you left it.

On 3/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, User 905133 said:

. . . .I thought the Snap Intensity setting changed in real time and the test strip was just a place where we can test the snap settings.  

The Reference Guide seems to agree.

• Like 1