Anybody else play Wordscapes?

craigb

I've been playing for at least two years now.  I only play during their weekend tournament where you're pitted against 99 others that start around the same time you do.  Except for two losses to players using some kind of hack (where I took 2nd place), I've won 68 weeks in a row.  My brain is very thankful for the effort!  It's really helped me in my new work where I had to learn a new programming language from scratch.  The guy I'm working for expected two to three months since I had a lot of prior programming experience.  In less than two weeks I was creating professional-looking apps (albeit with still some room for improvement behind the scenes!).

I started playing this weekend's tournament Friday afternoon (I usually don't start until Saturday evening) which usually means hitting up against the more serious players.  Especially early in a season (they award crowns for every season if you earn enough points).  I ended up with the highest score I've ever seen and I haven't been able to find a higher single-person score (there are also team tournaments).  Because of the time required to enter the words and wait for the animations between games, there's a physical limit to how fast you can earn points.  Cheaters are easy to spot because they easily exceed these limits, but can sometimes still be beat because they get bored and leave.  Case in point is the guy in second place; he was definitely using some kind of hack, but I beat him anyway! 😁

(I only had to play about five times as long as he did though... 😠)

Screenshot_20230305-192955_Wordscapes.jp

Googled Wordscapes. First suggested search was "Wordscapes Cheats".

Not for me but I can only respect someone who puts their brain to work and keeps sharpening their cognitive abilities,  staying in shape intellectually.

As I think I mentioned some time ago, I'm teaching myself a bit of Japanese. Learning the hiragana and katakana syllabaries was fun, and now learning kanji adds a whole dimension because of the caligraphy - it brings me into a sort of meditative state. 

I've also been picking up a tiny bit of Chinese and learning the Korean alphabet.

That keeps my brain on its toes. 

So my body is thankful for Japan because of martial arts and food, and my brain because of the complex language.

Oh and my eyes too, because of the ladies. :P

Edited by Rain