New Cherry Audio synth coming soon...

chris.r

7 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Soooo, what is the significance of 440? 

Metric, of course, is wonderful if you're counting to 10, or slightly higher than 10, because it corresponds to the number of fingers on the human hand.  If you're counting higher, or aren't in the habit of using your fingers as calculators, the United States customary system corresponds to the tuning of A above middle C, bringing unity to both longitudinal and acoustical measurements. Commonly referred to, in the USA, as the "Harmony of the Spheres," this synesthesia is what intuitively allows us here in America to see and hear the underlying relationships of different modalities of thought, and invent things across different domains like television, electricity, the internet, the 20th century, dinosaurs, rock music, and hamburgers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, cimo said:

Metric, of course, is wonderful if you're counting to 10, or slightly higher than 10, because it corresponds to the number of fingers on the human hand.  If you're counting higher, or aren't in the habit of using your fingers as calculators, the United States customary system corresponds to the tuning of A above middle C, bringing unity to both longitudinal and acoustical measurements. Commonly referred to, in the USA, as the "Harmony of the Spheres," this synesthesia is what intuitively allows us here in America to see and hear the underlying relationships of different modalities of thought, and invent things across different domains like television, electricity, the internet, the 20th century, dinosaurs, rock music, and hamburgers. 

Boy was I wrong about the coalplants per cubic drinkwatercontaminations system. I thought it was a nice thing that heating up 1L of water (which weighs 1 KG) with 1°C requires 1Kcal of energy.

Turns out it's way better to tune a pitchfork to 440Hz, launch a rocketship to the moon, have the pitchfork resonate there and while ignoring a vacuum have the sound travel 310 hours (or 3674 Mount Rushmores per McDonalds) to reach earth again.

Cherry Audio's new synth will do all of this. With polyphony!

9 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Boy was I wrong about the coalplants per cubic drinkwatercontaminations system. I thought it was a nice thing that heating up 1L of water (which weighs 1 KG) with 1°C requires 1Kcal of energy.

Turns out it's way better to tune a pitchfork to 440Hz, launch a rocketship to the moon, have the pitchfork resonate there and while ignoring a vacuum have the sound travel 310 hours (or 3674 Mount Rushmores per McDonalds) to reach earth again.

Cherry Audio's new synth will do all of this. With polyphony!

You're one of us, my friend! In the immortal words of Abraham Washington, "Hold my beer!" 

2 hours ago, cimo said:

You're one of us, my friend! In the immortal words of Abraham Washington, "Hold my beer!" 

https://www.belgianstyleales.com/product/order-lindemans-kriek-cherry-lambic-25oz/shop-belgian-beers-sorted-by-name

If I were to celebrate the release of a Cherry Audio Synth, I'd go for a Cherry Lambic.  🙂 

Not sure if I can find one of those near me, so I might have to go for Cherry Wheat.

https://www.samueladams.com/our-beers/brewmasters-collection/ale/cherry-wheat 😛

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cimo said:

Ah the infamous vampire hunter and inventor of the word 'humongous', which, up to that point in time was simply called 'thy mother'. Of whom the story of how to meet her was not televised but widely known. Mostly amongst the seafaring folk. Which is derived from the Dutch "zeevarend", not to be confused with "zeearend" which is a sea eagle. The most American thing ever and still a better unit of measurement than inches.

13 hours ago, User 905133 said:

https://www.belgianstyleales.com/product/order-lindemans-kriek-cherry-lambic-25oz/shop-belgian-beers-sorted-by-name

If I were to celebrate the release of a Cherry Audio Synth, I'd go for a Cherry Lambic.  🙂 

Not sure if I can find one of those near me, so I might have to go for Cherry Wheat.

https://www.samueladams.com/our-beers/brewmasters-collection/ale/cherry-wheat 😛

Don't do it man! I've had multiple cherry flavoured beers, this one included, and they are all terrible (no offense Cherry Audio). It's a drunken lesson I did and will repeat many times over.

• Haha 1