EZDrummer 3 Tempo question

Michael A.D.

I downloaded the EZD3 demo last Sunday and am looking for a feature (that it may not have).  I've looked through the manual and looked at some YouTube videos for a way to choose a groove based on it's tempo. 

For instance, I am working on a tune that is 132 BPM,  so I would like to see the grooves that match 132BPM.    I can see how you can sort grooves based on tempo, but nothing that would allow me to specifically find the BPM that I want.

Am I missing something?  Or perhaps it just does not have that feature?

(I am used to AD2 where you can say exactly what you want as well as specify closely matching BPMs that are within either 10% or 20% of the requested BPM.)

John, I had tried that.  

If EZD3 has no loops at 132, then it says NO MATCHES FOUND (or something to that effect).  Apparently the program will only match the exact BPM that you search.

It needs to have a range feature in the search engine.  (For example, I tried searching 120-144 but that doesn't work either.)  I tried using a wildcard (*), but nope.

• Like 1

Hey John,

Thanks for your suggestions.  You have always been a kind contributor on this forum and I really appreciate your input!

I’ve only had the demo EZD3 program for a week and had not tried the tap-tempo feature, so hopefully I am not doing something wrong.

But I found that the tap-tempo input gave TOO MANY results and they were all over the place with result tempos shown hundreds of BPM apart, but I presume they matched in some manner to my taps.

The interesting part was that some of the results showed 100% match, but there were lots of other matches that showed a percentage of a groove that matched.  Which leaves me to believe that Toontrack may have the necessary code to interpret a BPM and show it, even if it does not exactly match.   

But overall, thanks for the suggestion, but tap-tempo is too much work compared to just typing in a BPM.

I will send Toontrack a note suggesting that they input a feature that will qualify (tempo range, etc) matches of a searched BPM.

Edited by Michael A.D.
  • Great Idea 1

In your request, you might add that they allow a BPM range in the search bar.

I just checked Toontrack's forum to look for any mention of "Feature Request". Sadly, the search box at the top only searches for different Toontrack products. I didn't find a search option for looking for a specific topic within a subforum. A new forum member is supposed to scroll through hundreds of pages looking for existing threads on the topic s/he's interested in? Lame. Another "Feature Request"?

if you pull in loops that are 'close' to 132,

and you set the mixer for 'follow host', it will lock into the BPM that you input as the tempo for the song.

i'm speaking from superior drummer, but i imagine it's a similar control.

also, i'm not talking about the SOLO program, i'm talking about opening an instance from inside of cakewalk.

1 hour ago, batsbrew said:

if you pull in loops that are 'close' to 132,

How do you pull in the loops that are close to 132?   

That seems to be THE problem that I can't solve and why I am suggesting that Toontrack needs to add a BPM range request... for example, show me the grooves that are within 10% or 20% of 132.

LOTS OF GROOVES ARE SOLD...

very few are exactly the bpm you want for a particular song...

i'd suggest reading the manaul, watching tutorials on utoob, and going to the toontracks forum to ask specific questions.

i always get my grooves to be exactly what meter i want,

even if i start with a groove that's 30 bpm off the mark!