AFINACION DE PROYECTO

Javier Herrera

2 hours ago, Javier Herrera said:

HELLO, I NEED TO CREATE A PROJECT IN WHICH THE TUNING OF THE VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS IS 432HZ, WILL THIS BE POSSIBLE? GREETINGS AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  [Translation from Google Translate]

Note: I can't answer this since I never retune all virtual instruments.  Maybe someone else can explain how to do it.

Edited by User 905133
to add a comment

2 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

I think you would have to set each instrument to 432 Hxz, one by one. I don't know of a way to alter this for all instruments simultaneously. [translated by Google Translate]

haven't tried this, but if the virtual instruments have coarse/fine tune parameters available as CCs and/or automation, couldn't a tuning meter be used to change the tuning on each instrument? In other words, play A on a keyboard and retune each soft synth so A = 432.  

If there are no master coarse/fine tune parameters, each layer of the virtual instruments might need to be retuned.

Also, maybe scala files for has retuned files.  I'm not sure since I haven't done anything with scala files in a long time. If there are scala files for A = 432, and if the virtual instruments allow for the use of scala files, that might be an option. 

I just Googled "432 Hz scala files" and it seems there are some Pythagorean tunings that use A = 432.  I have not tried any of the ones I found.  Here's one:

! 432Pythagorean12a.scl
!
Pythagorean 12-tone with whole tones divided arithmetically                      
!
 256/243 B\
 9/8 B
 32/27 C
 81/64 C#
 4/3 D
 729/512 E\
 3/2 E
 128/81 F
 27/16 F#
 16/9 G
 243/128 G#
 2/1

Another option, if you are not using pitch bend for the music itself, might be to set the tuning on the virtual instruments to A = 432 using pitch bend.

Again, I have not done this to synchronize several virtual instruments, but I have used PB globally to add layers to digitized audio tapes where the tape speed was not "in tune."

Edited by User 905133