Cakewalk account retrieval to access my products?

Hello,

First time posting here, but longtime user of Cakewalk instruments.  Started with Z3TA, then added Dimension Pro and Rapture, then Z3TA 2+ and Rapture Pro.

Problem being, I've migrated computers several times, and cannot install my instruments because, well, I'm old and cannot remember the password I used for Cakewalk.  I've tried all of the ones I used to have, with no luck.

I then tried to reset my password on the Cakewalk site (not Bandlab, OG Cakewalk), put in the email address, etc.  

Never received a response to reset my password.  Multiple attempts, nothing.  

I understand that Gibson shut down development on Cakewalk in favor of the new Bandlab business model. But what about existing purchases? Are the accounts gone for good if we lose the passwords? It doesn't seem like the system is configured to automatically handle these problems.

I appreciate the link, however it would appear I am still in the same bind: Unable to retrieve or reset my legacy password, because Cakewalk's skeleton crew support staff never sends the reset link.

Meaning, I cannot log in to Command Center (the lost password link in Command Center only sends me to the same page on Cakewalk's old site).

I get it, the company is defunct. But people paid money under the expectation that they'd continue to have access to what they bought, and part of that means being able to reset or retrieve lost passwords.

If you're trying to do anything through the old Cakewalk site or addresses, it'll fail - that went away in 2017. All of that stuff was owned by Gibson, which is an entirely different company to who owns the current Cakewalk assets, so anything online is just there as a courtesy for us older users, basically. Any expectation that this stuff would continue to work isn't really correct since that company as it was doesn't exist now - only the intellectual property was sold to Bandlab, nothing else. But as I said, they'll do their best to get people access to their older paid products if they can.

Shoot a message over to support@cakewalk.com if you haven't done so already, and let them know your details and I'd say you'll get that sorted out within a few days.

Edited by Lord Tim

38 minutes ago, Wayne Allen Jones said:

I appreciate the link, however it would appear I am still in the same bind: Unable to retrieve or reset my legacy password, because Cakewalk's skeleton crew support staff never sends the reset link.

The servers that handled the legacy password resets were shut down years ago, and are no longer responding.

Just follow Lord Tim's advice and send an email to support about your password. The BandLab team* should respond to support@cakewalk.com and do their best to reconnect you, if possible.

*Also note the link that you looked at was for the Cakewalk by BandLab Help Center. There is a "Submit a request" contact link at the top of the page that you could have used to contact the support team about your password. That email address will get you to the same team.

20 hours ago, abacab said:

*Also note the link that you looked at was for the Cakewalk by BandLab Help Center. There is a "Submit a request" contact link at the top of the page that you could have used to contact the support team about your password. That email address will get you to the same team.

I used the "submit a request" feature and they reset my password last night.

Thanks for the kind assistance.

• Like 4