How to set up Markers

T Boog

To set markers on the fly during playback, press m on your computer keyboard. You can also use the Markers module on the Control Bar to add markers, name / rename them, navigate using previous and next buttons, and select markers using the drop down list.   

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ControlBar.14.html

To jump around more quickly than using the drop down list in the Markers Module, use the Markers list. See Menu Bar > Views >  Markers.  Single click on a marker in the list.  Double clicking on a marker brings up the marker editing dialog.

Re: Markers and Arranger Sections, see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Arranging.09.html

Edited by User 905133
(3) To add some "Handy Bookmarks" to Online Documentation; (2) markers & arranger section help link added; (1) edits to add details
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

You can also use Tab to advance to the next marker, or Shift+Tab to return. (not sure if this is are default shortcuts or I did configured myself...)

I checked my PC which has default keyboard shortcuts.  Although Tab and Shift+Tab do not map to Next Marker and Previous Marker, you have a good point here--that those functions can be mapped using Preferences [Advanced] > Customization > Keyboard Shortcuts (Global Bindings).

Hmmm.  The Online Documentation has this:

Tip: If you press TAB or right-click while holding down the left mouse button over the markers, you can toggle through which of the overlaid markers you'd like to move.

For example, if the Now Time marker, a regular Marker, a Loop point, and a Punch point are all at measure 5, pressing Tab (while holding down the left mouse button) toggles through T (Now Time), M (regular), L (Loop), and P (Punch). If you want to change the regular marker, simply drag the mouse when M is displayed; if you want to adjust the position of the Loop point, tab through to L, and so on.

Also, in answer to a different matter we have this:

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Within Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts, it's possible to bind the commands to MIDI notes - including start/stop.  However this will start/stop the whole project, not just a specific track.

I don't use MIDI binding shortcuts, but maybe those would work to map to marker navigation functions.

Edited by User 905133
To add a reference and quote re: TAB and Makers
  • Like 1