First collection/EP/album of the year: Dusty Starbursts and Luminous Quasars

Xoo

Er...vision???? 😉  Basically, I've got a bunch of tracks and I've been incredibly guilty of sitting on them and not completing them or putting them out there, so I'm finishing things rather than agonising over every last detail.  I get a great deal of satisfaction from the writing and playing, and as long as some people enjoy them, that's great - nice feedback is always appreciated too, of course.  I also feel that by just doing more tracks, I learn more about writing, playing and mixing techniques, which is a nice thing too.

I'm always interested in other people's opinions on mix decisions: I've been doing a lot of the mixing, for practical reasons, on new headphones I'm not that used to and my PC's monitor (through HDMI), so the balance is not always as good as it could be.

Thanks for the positive reply!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Basically, I've got a bunch of tracks and I've been incredibly guilty of sitting on them and not completing them or putting them out there, so I'm finishing things rather than agonising over every last detail.  I get a great deal of satisfaction from the writing and playing,

for me, this is the truth

express yourself

On 1/18/2023 at 2:44 AM, FreeEarCandy said:

Arrangement and concept wise, it all sounds pretty good. I think there are certain elements that could be louder, like the Steve Hackett style guitar in Forge Of Gravitation. Nevertheless, get it out there and "express yourself".

Dean

Thanks (especially for the guitar comparison - unintentional on my part!).  I think I'm always wary of cranking individual tracks too much...

I suppose I could do the best(?) of both worlds and post the completed work and then link to what I think are highlights...hopefully some people will jump around and listen to the others.  That said, I'm still of an age where I like to hear an album's worth of tracks that hang together rather than just a one-off...

Thanks for the noice feedback.

• Like 1