Steinberg Dorico Updated to 4.3.10

cclarry

Really has become a serious notation program. Anyone starting out with notation needs should check it out. I've been using Finale for so long and I up there in age not worth switching for my needs now.  But if I was younger I would pony up the cash and get on-board.

59 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Really has become a serious notation program. Anyone starting out with notation needs should check it out. I've been using Finale for so long and I up there in age not worth switching for my needs now.  But if I was younger I would pony up the cash and get on-board.

I grabbed Dorico Elements 4 recently on a half-off sale for $37.50 (upgrade from the FREE Elements SE version). :)

Unfortunately the upgrade is back to regular pricing $74.99... though still not bad as the full version of Elements at $99.

If you don't need all of the advanced features, Elements has many of the features that Pro offers, but is limited to 24 players. Comes with HALion Sonic SE for playback, or use your own VSTs. https://www.steinberg.net/dorico/compare-editions/

There are even playback templates for Spitfire BBCSO (including the free Discover) that are plug and play, and some others... https://blog.dorico.com/playback-templates/

24 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I was thinking of grabbing it at the sale price but since I don't do much in notation nowadays  I decided to pass.  

I'm taking a class in music composition and decided it might be time to upgrade from Musescore and Notion! ;)

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm taking a class in music composition and decided it might be time to upgrade from Musescore and Notion! ;)

I got Finale educational version and upgraded on and off throughout the years/decades. Upgraded to V27 at a special price offer. I figure to stay with the bprineast I know 😆
I never really needed everything in the full feature version but all the educational  print-outs made it worth while for me. 

7 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I got Finale educational version and upgraded on and off throughout the years/decades.

It's been several decades since I was an "official" student, so can not quality for edu licenses. I am using online learning resources for my continuing education, in an unofficial status...

Pay as I go, and don't really need the pro printouts (engraving) ... ;)