Feature request - A possibility to have multiple BUS AREAS in Console View

orhor

Hello,

I would like to ask for a  UX improvement>

Would it be possible to add a BUS Area just in the level of user interface in Console View?

Nowadays we see in Console View three areas: Tracks, Buses and HW outputs. Would it be possible to add multiple areas for buses? This would make possible to 'group' buses in the level of UI. One then would have the possibbility to segment his buses, sometimes I have a lot of buses in my projects, and to keep the overview clean and then to scroll from there to there is a bit confusing.  Technically on the internall processing level nothing would be changed. The buses themselves would behave and function the same way they do now.  On the level of UI four changes would be implemented:

1. An item in the right click menu in the buses area would be added: 'Add Buses Group'.

2. After clicking that item a new empty area would be added between clicked bus area and HW outputs area or following Bus area if any present.

(This area would behave the same way we are used to. Right click -> Add Stereo Bus... etc...)

3. An item in the bus right click menu: Move this bus to a Bus Area>

(similar to Move to Folder menu in the track right click menu)

4. An item in the right click menu in the buses area would be added: Remove this Buses area. It would be enabled only if no track would be present in that area and this would not be the last and only bus area.

It would make the usage of Cakewalk even more versatile. 

Thank you for your opinions.

Edited by orhor
  • Like 1

Take a look at the preset functionality in Track Manager  (default shortcut is the "H" key) - you should be able to get similar functionality from that.

Basically, it allows you to create a set of presets, on a per project basis, that show/hide whatever sets of tracks or buses you want.

Thank you for your answer. I know that feature and I use it. Please see my post about it:

My suggestion is a way to ease the workflow and save some clicks and hassle.

Judge yourself. If multiple buses areas were available, would you use track manager for puproses like this?

Thank you anyway!

Edited by orhor
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, orhor said:

Thank you for your answer. I know that feature and I use it. Please see my post about it:

My suggestion is a way to ease the workflow and save some clicks and hassle.

Judge yourself. If multiple buses areas were available, would you use track manager for puproses like this?

Thank you anyway!

I agree with all your posts. The UI needs to evolve, be modernized with usability improvement.

A friend and I @Herbert Zio.we have already brought suggestions for quick implementation of folder resources in the console view.
Something that is much faster than creating PRESETs, etc.