Udemy BF Sale

kitekrazy

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I have subs to MPV and Groove 3 but I seem more attracted to Udemy.    The only drawback is some authors aren't as polished in the video production.

I have picked up several courses at Udemy. Always wait for a sale and read the reviews and watch some free previews of the course first.

The music instructor quality can be variable, and some have diverse accents that may be off-putting to those from some regions. Free course previews are a good way to see if you will "connect" with the instructor's delivery style.

Some instructors are excellent! I like Dr. Jason Allen, PhD, who has produced a prolific number of Udemy courses for topics such as music theory comprehensive, composition, orchestration masterclass, music theory for electronic musicians, and Ableton Live. He is a university music professor and certified Ableton Live trainer, a composer, producer, songwriter, engineer, sound designer, DJ, remix artist, multi-media artist, performer, inventor, and entrepreneur. His music theory curriculum will cover the same material he teaches in his university level music theory program, but for obviously a lot less money! He has written for orchestras, films, TV, video games, and electronic music. And I find his delivery excellent! :)

Jason also has a Musescore class at Udemy on sale for $10.99: https://www.udemy.com/course/musescore-mastering-music-notation-free-software/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

https://www.udemy.com/

Starting at $9.99

https://www.udemy.com/course/musescore-masterclass/#reviews

Thinking about taking the Musescore

I have subs to MPV and Groove 3 but I seem more attracted to Udemy.    The only drawback is some authors aren't as polished in the video production.

Is this a BF sale for that course only? Normally, Udemy courses have across the board sales where they drop the prices occasionally for everything but I am not seeing that at the moment.

Also, it's coming up as $26.99 Aud for me. Could I ask, what is MPV?

5 hours ago, abacab said:

I have picked up several courses at Udemy. Always wait for a sale and read the reviews and watch some free previews of the course first.

The music instructor quality can be variable, and some have diverse accents that may be off-putting to those from some regions. Free course previews are a good way to see if you will "connect" with the instructor's delivery style.

Some instructors are excellent! I like Dr. Jason Allen, PhD, who has produced a prolific number of Udemy courses for topics such as music theory comprehensive, composition, orchestration masterclass, music theory for electronic musicians, and Ableton Live. He is a university music professor and certified Ableton Live trainer, a composer, producer, songwriter, engineer, sound designer, DJ, remix artist, multi-media artist, performer, inventor, and entrepreneur. His music theory curriculum will cover the same material he teaches in his university level music theory program, but for obviously a lot less money! He has written for orchestras, films, TV, video games, and electronic music. And I find his delivery excellent! :)

Jason also has a Musescore class at Udemy on sale for $10.99: https://www.udemy.com/course/musescore-mastering-music-notation-free-software/

Same here.  I finished the Live master class.  He also has an organization of trainers that just isn't for Live. I'm going to go through some FL ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

Is this a BF sale for that course only? Normally, Udemy courses have across the board sales where they drop the prices occasionally for everything but I am not seeing that at the moment.

Also, it's coming up as $26.99 Aud for me. Could I ask, what is MPV?

Create a wishlist and they let you know which ones are on sale.   

Mac Pro Video

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tezza said:

Not specifically a BF sale, but the timing of this one evidently qualifies it as such. Udemy typically marks down courses to $9.99 USD throughout the year. Create an account and they will alert you to sales.

No subscription required, and once you purchase a course, it remains in your account permanently and you will be notified of any updates to it, as well as any new courses being offered by the instructor.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, abacab said:

Not specifically a BF sale, but the timing of this one evidently qualifies it as such. Udemy typically marks down courses to $9.99 USD throughout the year. Create an account and they will alert you to sales.

No subscription required, and once you purchase a course, it remains in your account permanently and you will be notified of any updates to it, as well as any new courses being offered by the instructor.

Yes, I have an account there and have done about 16 of their courses, I don't get any alerts for sales though so will check my notification preferences there. I was hoping to see the overall markdown of courses soon, to pick up a couple. Groove 3 are doing the downloads for $15.00 instead of $30.00 and there's a couple there I might pick up.

EDIT: yep, the notifications were switched off, thanks for the reminder!

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1