Grumpy Monkey Plugins

cclarry

14 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

Is it just not tested in other DAWs? Seems like it should work in others, no? After all, this is a CW forum 😬

I've tested in FL Studio too (not compatible) and some users have mentioned anecdotally getting things to work in Ableton and Digital Performer.

However, it's a one-monkey operation and DAWs are finicky with Midi FX.

So, for now I'm sticking with DAWs I know my way around enough to be able to do support.

It would be nice if there was a trial, but for just ten bucks, I may give Roll Control a spin later today in Ableton. Maybe CW if I can remember how to use it 😲 I'll let ya know.

29 minutes ago, Grumpy Monkey said:

I've tested in FL Studio too (not compatible) and some users have mentioned anecdotally getting things to work in Ableton and Digital Performer.

So, for now I'm sticking with DAWs I know my way around enough to be able to do support.

Edited by Spice3d
  • Like 1

Doesn't work natively in Ableton. However, I got it to work using Blue Cat's Patchwork which loads the instrument version just fine and the Patchwork/Roll Control Instrument combo works just like any other instrument in Ableton. The one issue I found is at value 0 in Roll Control, the velocity is at max, but as you dial it up above 0, velocity jumps back down before it gradually ramps up. Also, the Initial Hit toggle doesn't do anything when the value is 0.

I sent you an email with a screenshot.

I also got it to work using PluginGuru's Unify which, like Patchwork, can also host VSTs.

7 hours ago, Grumpy Monkey said:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

Doesn't work natively in Ableton. However, I got it to work using Blue Cat's Patchwork which loads the instrument version just fine and the Patchwork/Roll Control Instrument combo works just like any other instrument in Ableton. The one issue I found is at value 0 in Roll Control, the velocity is at max, but as you dial it up above 0, velocity jumps back down before it gradually ramps up. Also, the Initial Hit toggle doesn't do anything when the value is 0.

I sent you an email with a screenshot.

I also got it to work using PluginGuru's Unify which, like Patchwork, can also host VSTs.

Thanks for testing this out Spice3d!

So it sounds like the rolls part is working okay, but the normal note part isn't working for some reason. I'll need to look into that.

By the way, a couple people are the VI Control Forum mentioned getting it working natively in Ableton. (It might require loading as an instrument rather than an effect.)

Someone explained it this way in a post:

"You need to create 2 MIDI tracks

1. Roll Control Track
- Track Arm

2. Instrument Track
- MIDI From[Roll Control Track - Roll Control Plugin]
- Monitor[In] or Track Arm"

673561292_RollControlAbleton.jpg.f5cab5a4b81ab38976312a5615ed2253.jpg

Here's the post: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/roll-control-turn-any-perc-into-rolls.128905/page-4#post-5166447

Yeah, that's how I was planning to get it to work. The problem is Roll Control won't open in the current version of Ableton (11.2.6). Appears to be a problem with VST3. Blue Cat's Patchwork VST3 has the same issue; however, they also have a VST2 version which works fine.

The non-instrument version loads fine, but it's useless as you can't send MIDI data to an audio effect in Ableton. Here's what it looks like.

image.png.88d00fa56c7d41dd9fe00758e5ae528a.png

1 hour ago, Grumpy Monkey said:

Thanks for testing this out Spice3d!

So it sounds like the rolls part is working okay, but the normal note part isn't working for some reason. I'll need to look into that.

By the way, a couple people are the VI Control Forum mentioned getting it working natively in Ableton. (It might require loading as an instrument rather than an effect.)

Someone explained it this way in a post:

"You need to create 2 MIDI tracks

1. Roll Control Track
- Track Arm

2. Instrument Track
- MIDI From[Roll Control Track - Roll Control Plugin]
- Monitor[In] or Track Arm"

673561292_RollControlAbleton.jpg.f5cab5a4b81ab38976312a5615ed2253.jpg

Here's the post: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/roll-control-turn-any-perc-into-rolls.128905/page-4#post-5166447

• Like 1