Waves CR8 Sampler Updated

cclarry

Sample One XT is one of the WORST integrated samplers. It's very basic compared to the ones in Live, Reason, Digital Performer, Cubase's sampler track, all of which can do much more... and it's bugged since years and Presonus refuses to fix it:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?t=30930&p=281241

Edited by Esteban Villanova
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Sample One XT is one of the WORST integrated samplers. It's very basic compared to the ones in Live, Reason, Digital Performer, Cubase's sampler track, all of which can do much more... and it's bugged since years and Presonus refuses to fix it:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?t=30930&p=281241

Hello Esteban Villanova

I've used Native Instruments Battery, Kontakt 5, 6 and 7, Presonus Impact, Impact XT, Sample One, Loopmasters Loopcloud 4, 5, 6, FL Studio, ADSR Player, Waves CR8 and I've found Presonus Impact XT and/ or Sample One (Studio One 5) to work better for my workflow.

I personally didn't like Ableton, Cubase and the last time I used Reason was back in 2007 and never tried Digital Performer.

Each their own I always say. I'm not in the music production to be brand loyal, just in it to make music. Whatever gets the job done, works for me.

I don't doubt that Presonus Studio One's Sample One could have bugs as I've noticed them in the past, but can't think of any that affect me personally at the moment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KoreyCreative said:

Hello Esteban Villanova

I've used Native Instruments Battery, Kontakt 5, 6 and 7, Presonus Impact, Impact XT, Sample One, Loopmasters Loopcloud 4, 5, 6, FL Studio, ADSR Player, Waves CR8 and I've found Presonus Impact XT and/ or Sample One (Studio One 5) to work better for my workflow.

I personally didn't like Ableton, Cubase and the last time I used Reason was back in 2007 and never tried Digital Performer.

Each their own I always say. I'm not in the music production to be brand loyal, just in it to make music. Whatever gets the job done, works for me.

I don't doubt that Presonus Studio One's Sample One could have bugs as I've noticed them in the past, but can't think of any that affect me personally at the moment.

Yes, I use it and actually like it but a sampler with no time stretching can’t be considered “one of the best” (I was replying to the comment before mine, which claimed it was). Presonus told me they would fix it in one of the next updates...

8 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Yes, I use it and actually like it but a sampler with no time stretching can’t be considered “one of the best” (I was replying to the comment before mine, which claimed it was). Presonus told me they would fix it in one of the next updates...

Nobody said Sample One XT was one of the best, but it's not bad. I suggested that using the sampler that comes in your DAW is probably the best choice (from a system resources perspective, which is the direction that this thread had taken as a result of the objections to Waves CR8).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

Nobody said Sample One XT was one of the best, but it's not bad. I suggested that using the sampler that comes in your DAW is probably the best choice (from a system resources perspective, which is the direction that this thread had taken as a result of the objections to Waves CR8).

Oh, sorry mate, I misread you. Yeah, definitely the trend is to use your DAW's integrated sampler, and that means there are very few third part options. Even the pricy ones like Nuance can't compete with the integrated ones. CR8 looks very nice but that RAM... I've spent hours the last few months trying to find alternatives without switching DAWs.  

On 11/18/2022 at 8:07 AM, Esteban Villanova said:

Oh, sorry mate, I misread you. Yeah, definitely the trend is to use your DAW's integrated sampler, and that means there are very few third part options. Even the pricy ones like Nuance can't compete with the integrated ones. CR8 looks very nice but that RAM... I've spent hours the last few months trying to find alternatives without switching DAWs.  

Oh no, not a problem. I see the confusion here and it's already been addressed so no need to delve more into it.

Yeah, Presonus aren't at all good at updating and/ or fixing bugs. I think it's because everything coded is outsourced. Every Time I've contacted support it's always the same. Thanks for the steps on recreating the bug. I've sent this to the development team and you should see it in the patch notes at some point bla bla bla. It took a year for the side-chain compensation bug to get fixed. From Studio One 5.0 to 5.2.1 that bug was just there, mad that sucked.

Like Studio One 4 was a tank, never had issues, but then someone just started killing what made Studio One great.

I honestly have no nope in Studio One now since Presonus merged with Fender. I could be wrong, but I've completed a Studio One survey recently and one of the questions was quite odd. The survey was asking about how you use Studio One and what main features do you use, but then suddenly asked, " Do you use a Fender Guitar" LOL.

If I didn't have access to Sample One for a sampler, I think I honestly would be using Native Instruments Battery 4. It works and gets the job done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KoreyCreative said:

Yeah, Presonus aren't at all good at updating and/ or fixing bugs. I think it's because everything coded is outsourced. Every Time I've contacted support it's always the same. Thanks for the steps on recreating the bug. I've sent this to the development team and you should see it in the patch notes at some point bla bla bla.

Even though PreSonus is a US based company, I believe that their in-house software development team is based in Germany.