Warm Audio WA-273 Two Channel British Mic Preamp (B-Stock) GONE

jesse g

Hey Folks,

Here is a deal!

Warm Audio WA-273 Two Channel British Mic Preamp (B-Stock) only $829.00 usually $1,099.99 plus free shipping from the Warm Audio Warehouse.

If there's one style of preamp that professional engineers would unanimously agree has defined the tone of pop/rock records for decades, it would most definitely be the venerable '73-style of mic pre. '73-style preamps have been massively used in recording and live applications for many years and are still considered to be the 'Holy Grail' of preamp choices today.

Check it out here ~~> Warm Audio Shop on Reverb

image.thumb.png.e1a0cdea957e14c6710700b2c5c16791.png

image.thumb.png.e5328fc9670544756ba75a5ffb13ff33.png

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 4:43 PM, Zargg said:

I have the single channel version w/ eq, and I like it a lot.

It's become my main pre for acoustic guitar.

Zargg,

I too have the WA73-EQ, and I love it as my vocal chain Mic Pre. I was watching a video that says were using the pre-amp wrong if we didn't have the output all the way up and then dial in the Line or the Mic signal.  I then  watched some Neve 1073 videos from other engineers discussing their use and that was their consensus also. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jesse g said:

Zargg,

I too have the WA73-EQ, and I love it as my vocal chain Mic Pre. I was watching a video that says were using the pre-amp wrong if we didn't have the output all the way up and then dial in the Line or the Mic signal.  I then  watched some Neve 1073 videos from other engineers discussing their use and that was their consensus also. 

I didn't know that way of using the gain on it, but Am certainly gonna try. Thanks for the tip/info 👍

I've kept the output at unity/zero, and used the input for gain so far.

All the best.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 11:19 PM, Bapu said:

Imma outta rack space. 😞 

You once gave me the advice when I said that my racks were full, that I just needed another rack.  I'm giving that advice back to you mate ;)

You know you "need it" 😎

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zargg said:

You once gave me the advice when I said that my racks were full, that I just needed another rack.  I'm giving that advice back to you mate ;)

You know you "need it" 😎

Well, I already bought a cart rack to put my two rack mounted drawers in. That freed up 8 spaces in one of my main racks, which I've filled. 😞 

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Well, I already bought a cart rack to put my two rack mounted drawers in. That freed up 8 spaces in one of my main racks, which I've filled. 😞 

So you're just 1 rack short? Should be easily fixed 😁

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Well, I already bought a rack to put my two rack mounted drawers in. That free up 8 spaces, which I've filled. 😞 

Great Idea Bapu, 

I have a  3U studio rack drawer that I need to take out to have more room for my next Mic Pre,  and I want another 3U drawer, so I will take your advice and get build me another rack.  I got my plans from off of YouTube . The rack is a 14U rack and I am out of space, but I need a place to place my drawers, Great idea!!

The rack cost me less than $70.00 to build including the Pine,  the router, the stain and the legs.

My racks are built from IKEA Rast bedside table that I cut down (5U each side) to act as monitor stands as well.

I've got one spare which I think has 12 U space, but that is still in its wrapping in the garage (for later, when I get rich and famous and stuff), and has been for some years.

I know I got the 3 last ones in Norway at the time. I checked all stores in the country before ordering them, and they were only in 1 store. Web ordered them, and picked them up myself, to make Shure I got the right ones.

If I had an eq (or 2), another compressor (or 2), some 500 series stuff, I'd put it together.

I feel no rush to get that done though 😁