FileSilo Bug or something(?) You can freely download stuff like plugins and more

alex satt

1 hour ago, abacab said:

AFAIK, the videos are all gone for the CM back issues, except for the most recent two issues. And I do have a current subscription to CM. Since there is no way for me to login to FileSilo now, I would say that they are likely gone for everyone!

I went back a few months to check and all I saw was "No Download".

However the CM Plugins Suite, the tutorial files, and the free samples all seem to still be available (for everyone). :)

You can still download the videos for issues starting from 303 via the "SPEED ISSUE" file. 

It actually looks like you can still download the videos for issues 277 and before.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

You can still download the videos for issues starting from 303 via the "SPEED ISSUE" file. 

That "Speed Issue" thing seems to be a hit or miss solution for some recent issues. Some have a .rtf  file download that works, while some others have an empty zip file or nothing at all.

Issue 277 and before seems OK, at least for the 5 or 6 that I glanced at.

Edited by abacab

Just now, abacab said:

That "Speed Issue" thing seems to be a hit or miss solution for some recent issues. Some have a .rtf  file download that works, while some others have an empty zip file or nothing at all.

Issue 277 and before seems OK, at least for the 5 or 6 that I glanced at.

The "empty" zip file is not really empty. I was not able to open them directly in Windows Explorer but I was able to extract them with 7Zip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

The "empty" zip file is not really empty. I was not able to open them directly in Windows Explorer but I was able to extract them with 7Zip.

That's really weird! They are not 0 kb zip files, so Windows should not be reporting them as empty, but it does. 7Zip does just fine though.

In any case, quality control at CM is all over the place with this change. I want my money back! Oh, wait... 😂

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I think a lot (if not all) of the video tutorials are on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ComputerMusicMag/videos

It makes more sense to put the video tutorials on their YouTube channel. Much more user friendly than having customers digging through File Silo! Not to mention that those video file downloads probably use a bit of bandwidth on their back-end.

• Like 2