Fast rocker - Future Shock

Xoo

Sounds like a really good tune with lots on interesting things going on in there, but the mix sounds quite muddy to me with the vocals kind of buried in the mix, as well. It's hard to hear the what the different instruments are doing in there and what words the singer is singing due to the mix being quite muddy. If you can clear up the mix some more you should have a great sounding tune there. 

Still muddy, eh?  I've got to work out where as I've cut a lot of mud (I thought, anyway).  Ho hum...back to the drawing board (I've got some ideas to enhance it anyway with some drum changes, so it's a good excuse).

Thanks all!

UPDATE: I've had another go at demuddying...I spotted the kick had an insane amount of sub on it which I'd missed!

Edited by Kevin Perry

Kevin, I really like this song, and I think it's well played and the high energy comes through in spite of the heavy reverb.  Sometimes when an element like your lead vocal is heavily effected, other elements like your guitars and drums can be dry, and the mind will still hear the reverb on everything.  The way I hear it now sounds like every track went through the same reverb and has the same level of depth.  Maybe reduce the reverb on some of the tracks?  All in all, this still rocks!

I like the vibe and uptempo and energy of this piece- especially the extended soloing in the middle section.  I hear a cool synth solo in there.   The mud seems to sound like too much reverb on the instruments but if there is no reverb on those, and only the vocal, maybe there are too many instruments which are clashing.  I hear something, a synth maybe, that is playing long whole notes.  That can be completely removed.  

However, this sounds like a live recording made on a phone in the audience, even if you didn't intend it that way.   The musicianship is great, and I've always said I'd rather hear good musicians on cheap instruments and so-so mix, over amateurish musicians on expensive instruments and pro mix anytime.