a nice happy ballad: i call it "Blues #seven"

bats brew

On 10/15/2022 at 6:27 AM, RikF said:

Hi BB , nice tune, to my old ears the lead guitar should be a bit louder and the drums a little softer. ; )

Rik

Thanks Rik!

Lead louder and lead louder?

Hm, I don't know, ill try it and see

Edited by batsbrew

On 10/15/2022 at 10:59 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Bat

Good mix on this - crystal clear.

Are you going to put some vocals on it?

Great Guitar as usual

Cool

Nigel

hi nigel!

thanks so much for listening.

the tones, 
came from these guys:

20220926-115243.jpg 

that's a 1984 Carvin (played the lead on this one, set in the middle position) and a 1977 Ibanez Artist 2618 (all the rhythm track was done with this one.

this recording has 5 tracks.
1 key, 1 rhythm, 1 solo, 1 bass, 1 drum.

all done direct thru the Strymon Iridium. 

and yes, eventually i'll write lyrics for this, and record another version of it...

seems i'm on a writing track now, where i do a instrumental version first, to get an idea of what i'm doing melody wise...

then later, write a proper lyric and get rid of most of the instrumental melody, revise it as needed.

i'll put out the instrumental version first, then do the lyric version and release it on an album.

at this point, i'm thinking i need to diverge the project into two different 'bands', keeping 'bats brew' as the rockier instrumental versions, and something new to do the vocal heavy versions.

haven't decided on a name yet...

the tones you create are stellar....same with the mixes, this one is no exception....the drums do tend to wander a bit in this piece at this stage of its development....like you say this is an early version which, to my ears, sounds like an electric mellow jam/soundscape with more writing and on going development forthcoming 🎶🎶🎶🎶

22 hours ago, Larry T. said:

the tones you create are stellar....same with the mixes, this one is no exception....the drums do tend to wander a bit in this piece at this stage of its development....like you say this is an early version which, to my ears, sounds like an electric mellow jam/soundscape with more writing and on going development forthcoming 🎶🎶🎶🎶

hi larry!

you know, running direct into the Iridium, and using basic amp models and typical IR's, and straight humbucker tones on both guitars, it just seemed easy to get what i wanted.

the drums, yea, i'll tweak em a little, but they basically are holding everything together pretty nicely.

once i decide on a lyric, i'll probably follow the electric lead solo a bit, and reduce that part a good bit,

filling the rest with simple harmonies.

i mean, really, this is probably one of the most simple songs i've ever written, and it started on piano.

i could just get rid of ALL the guitars!!! whaahaahaahaaahahahahaha

er, nope.

not going to do that.

LOL