Reaktor: Free Maximizer (Supposedly Sonnox Inflator clone) Strangely impressive as a limiter alone!

MusicMan

Reaktor: Free Maximizer

Supposedly a Sonnox Inflator clone and whilst not really to my ears, I was really surprised at how much this thing can be pushed as a limiter/clipper anyway.

Completely free and has controls for the clipping part, including Inflator aspect and the limiting section.

I was testing BX True Peak over the last few days and on one particular track I tried it on, this goes a lot louder than that before breaking up and distorting the sound.. 

No compression before it, but BX gets the track to -11 / -10 LUFS whereas this free Reaktor ensemble gets it to -9 / -8 LUFS short term before hitting that same level of breakup. Pretty amazing for a free ensemble.

Requires Native Instruments Reaktor.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/9777

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, jude77 said:

Thanks for the link and also the review.  It's appreciated!

Welcome Jude 🙂 I was really surprised finding this one and how well it stacked up against some of the paid options. I tend to use a mix of plugins, from free to some of the premium ones. More expensive doesn't always equal better. Sometimes it increases the odds maybe, but still no guarantees.

Hope you enjoy it 🙂

• Like 1