FR: Zoom Multi-Track Track Lanes & Remove Parent Image!

Keni

Yeah... Me again. I'm sure this gets old, but so is the issue and so am I.

The issues being discussed:

Zooming when trying to see Lanes on more than one track simultaneously! Right now requires constant fidgeting.

Parent Track wav images! Please allow these to be disabled. They do little but cause visual confusion when performing tasks such as above.

...just my periodic prayer to the gods of DAWland.

Please hear me!

Thanks!

• Like 1

My vote with that is to either keep that minimised and make it editable, or scroll it off view entirely.

But yes, as it currently is, having half of your screen taken up with the overview track when you zoom in is really not at all useful.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

My vote with that is to either keep that minimised and make it editable, or scroll it off view entirely.

But yes, as it currently is, having half of your screen taken up with the overview track when you zoom in is really not at all useful.

Thanks for chiming in. Lasso zooming 2 tracks with Lanes open yields one very large parent and it's two tiny lanes not even showing track 2 at all.

...and I editing clips between multiple tracks with lanes visible is much harder on the eye always confusing parent image with actual clips. A simple enable/disable button for that parent image process would help me a lot!

• Like 1

Actually that's a good point, zooming in on say the middle few lanes of a 20 stacked track would make my "scroll the overview out of view" thing kind of redundant.

That said, I'd go for that in view and collapsed over "HAVE YOUR OVERVIEW TRACK!!! plus also the stuff you actually wanted to look at" like we have now any day.

5 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

While a parent track is always displayed, there is no requirement to have them expanded.

The take lanes toggle SHIFT+T and automation lanes toggle SHIFT+A work regardless of the size of the parent track.

4 hours ago, scook said:

While a parent track is always displayed, there is no requirement to have them expanded.

The take lanes toggle SHIFT+T and automation lanes toggle SHIFT+A work regardless of the size of the parent track.

Sadly, though, the need to constantly fidget to get a zoom is annoying. Yes, there is a shortcut to open/close Lanes, but that’s not the issue. Zoom should yield what was lassoed, not what we're getting. The parent image is little more than visual confusion most of the time for me.

Funny... I was just remembering a time when the talk was about uncluttering Cakewalk's gui being too cluttered in appearance.

Now the important work area is cluttered with the extra images on the parent track...

Everything comes around? 🙂