internal error: CallSpawnServer: Unexpected response: $0

treesha

Hi. I was just updating to 2022.06 build 28 and at the end of the installation process I got this error message. I opened  a project and it seems ok but want to check if the install went ok or not with this message coming up. At least it's cheap at only $0. Thanks for any suggestions !

TREESHA... you're NOT the only one!!1
Many, too many of us have got that error ++ others that are appearing lately with Cakewalk SONAR by Bandlab.
(Maybe is the price to pay for "FREE" something that used to cost money... I for one, PAID FOR IT and now I've had to go back to Cubase, MOTU... )
The Customer support is only via email of course and is DREADFUL!!
Answers to problems to a Computer technician and Music & Technology MBA such as... Reboot the PC... Check your Firewall... 

Pls, GET SONAR Platinum back and CHARGE for it so we can complain and get answers.
Bandlab... You have made a complete MESS of a decent program with EXCELLENT Client Support.

NOT Activated.jpg

• Meh 2

9 hours ago, tam said:

TREESHA... you're NOT the only one!!1
Many, too many of us have got that error ++ others that are appearing lately with Cakewalk SONAR by Bandlab.
(Maybe is the price to pay for "FREE" something that used to cost money... I for one, PAID FOR IT and now I've had to go back to Cubase, MOTU... )
The Customer support is only via email of course and is DREADFUL!!
Answers to problems to a Computer technician and Music & Technology MBA such as... Reboot the PC... Check your Firewall... 

Pls, GET SONAR Platinum back and CHARGE for it so we can complain and get answers.
Bandlab... You have made a complete MESS of a decent program with EXCELLENT Client Support.

NOT Activated.jpg

…….. and you have of course done something as simple as reading the other thread called :

Cakewalk  Activation Error (20)

you being  in IT and having an MBA ? That might help you plus you should dial down the anger a little.

All the best,

J

Edited by Jeremy Oakes
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

. . . Cakewalk  Activation Error (20) . . . 

I haven't gotten this error myself (possibly because I don't seem to use plug-ins that remove files Cakewalk needs), but thanks for mentioning the other thread in case I do run into this situation. I often tend to forget posts that I have no experience with.  

Even though tam's diatribe was overwhelmingly way too over the top for me, I suppose tam merits credit for an assist here.

Peace!

• 1 month later...