RIP Jim Seals

John Maar

52 minutes ago, craigb said:

Losing a lot this year...

After all of the COVID deaths, we seem to be losing a quite a few of the good ones to normal causes now. Sheesh. It's been  a long couple three years.

I was forced into retirement at 54, back when the original Motorola went into the crapper and split up. I was about the first one to be given the boot. Great severance package, but I was really bummed out to begin with. In retrospect, I've gotten a lot more out of the last 17 years than I would have if I'd still been working. Turned out to be a good thing. My brother is one year younger. He and his wife are chiropractors with a thriving practice in Chicago. He had enough money to retire long ago, but just won't hang up his spurs. When I go toes up, at least I'll have enjoyed my gray years. 8 years in Scottsdale. 8 years in Flagstaff. And now a year in France. I made some excellent lemonade out of the lemons Motorola handed me. No regrets.

When you look at Jim Seals total career, I don't think he had any regrets either. Heck of a talent. And his brother Dan has achieved great things, too. Talented family.

I don't plan to retire at all. I really love gigging. For Mrs. Notes and I, playing to an appreciative audience is our second favorite thing to do. :D

Besides, being a musician is how I identify myself. I can't think of anything I'd like to do to replace it.

The only thing I ask is that if I die on stage, I don't want the last song I played on this side of the sod to be "Yakety Sax". :D

Notes ♫

• Haha 2